Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Snow at the Farm

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 6, 09 at 11:42

A beautiful day here, though 32F. The sun is making it very pleasant though. By the weekend we will have temperatures in the 50s.

Looking out the front door...

Toward the bridge.

The feed corn is still standing.

Looking toward the road and mailbox

It is 9:30 and here's the moon.

I see a nest in the lilac

The sumac...

A wild apple.

Looking back toward the house and barn

I can HEAR the leaves falling off the Diablo Ninebark.

Only one or two crabapples left on the tree.

The barn once more.

Near the barn, a Fern Leaf Buckthorn.

The front veranda in the sunlight.

The smokebush leaves still hangiong on.

Phoebe spies me and wants to run over to me, but isn't allowed to.

Back toward the house...

Snow on her snout. ;) (This leash is pretty useless because she chewed it as a puppy.)

Hope you enjoy your day too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Snow at the Farm

My goodness, bug! Is it unusual for your first snow to be so early? At least it the good kind and should be gone for the weekend. Every single one of your pictures are just beautiful; I can visualize them as calendar photos! Lucky you(and us!)the farm is loaded with photo ops throughout the seasons, isnt it? I do hope you enjoy cold walks with the camera because Im looking forward to your winter scenes

Phoebes snowy snout is so cute and with her black coat she is very photogenic against the snow, not that she cares a hoot! Shell probably run like the wind when the vet gives her the OK.

Back to the privet hedge which I will finish today. So glad I came in for a quick break, thanks for sharing! Have to catch up on #460 reading when I have more time :-)

o

They are cutting the corn this afternoon! I caught it just in time.

o

Beautiful... but YUCK!! We got a bit of light hail after lunch yesterday but it wasn't visible on the ground - just stung your face when it hit!

o

So pretty!

Buy yourelf a nice leash, 'bug, nylon sucks, too hard on your hands. 6' and leather and don't let her greedy little maw anywhere near it. We now have 3; two have been "mended" when they were chewed in two...

o

So pretty Marie, but I,m glad it's your direction and not mine. It has been shirtsleeve weather here and we have been making the most of it.
Are the wild apples edible?
You really know what to photograph to make an interesting photo essay. I enjoyed it.
Norma

o

Woody said exactly what I was thinking! Lovely photos, even if I'm not ready to experience that myself.

V.

o

What a lovely group of pictures. You do have to admit that the snow really looks pretty with the fall colors. The veranda picture especially caught my eye.

Michelle

o

Your farm is beautiful in all seasons, but I esp. like seeing it with newly fallen snow. It's so charming and nostalgic, like the poem, "Through the woods, and over the snow, to grandmother's house we go...."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here