Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

First Snow at the Farm

gardenbug
14 years ago

A beautiful day here, though 32F. The sun is making it very pleasant though. By the weekend we will have temperatures in the 50s.

Looking out the front door...

{{gwi:186116}}

Toward the bridge.

{{gwi:186117}}

{{gwi:186118}}

The feed corn is still standing.

{{gwi:186120}}

{{gwi:186122}}

Looking toward the road and mailbox

{{gwi:186123}}

It is 9:30 and here's the moon.

{{gwi:186124}}

I see a nest in the lilac

{{gwi:186125}}

The sumac...

{{gwi:186126}}

A wild apple.

{{gwi:186127}}

Looking back toward the house and barn

{{gwi:186128}}

I can HEAR the leaves falling off the Diablo Ninebark.

{{gwi:186129}}

Only one or two crabapples left on the tree.

{{gwi:186130}}

The barn once more.

{{gwi:186131}}

Near the barn, a Fern Leaf Buckthorn.

{{gwi:186132}}

The front veranda in the sunlight.

The smokebush leaves still hangiong on.

Phoebe spies me and wants to run over to me, but isn't allowed to.

Back toward the house...

Snow on her snout. ;) (This leash is pretty useless because she chewed it as a puppy.)

Hope you enjoy your day too!

Comments (8)

• candy_j
    14 years ago

My goodness, Âbug! Is it unusual for your first snow to be so early? At least it the good kind and should be gone for the weekend. Every single one of your pictures are just beautiful; I can visualize them as calendar photos! Lucky you(and us!)Âthe farm is loaded with photo ops throughout the seasons, isnÂt it? I do hope you enjoy cold walks with the camera because IÂm looking forward to your winter scenes

PhoebeÂs snowy snout is so cute and with her black coat she is very photogenic against the snow, not that she cares a hoot! SheÂll probably run like the wind when the vet gives her the OK.

Back to the privet hedge which I will finish today. So glad I came in for a quick break, thanks for sharing! Have to catch up on #460 reading when I have more time :-)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They are cutting the corn this afternoon! I caught it just in time.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Beautiful... but YUCK!! We got a bit of light hail after lunch yesterday but it wasn't visible on the ground - just stung your face when it hit!

• chelone
    14 years ago

So pretty!

Buy yourelf a nice leash, 'bug, nylon sucks, too hard on your hands. 6' and leather and don't let her greedy little maw anywhere near it. We now have 3; two have been "mended" when they were chewed in two...

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

So pretty Marie, but I,m glad it's your direction and not mine. It has been shirtsleeve weather here and we have been making the most of it.
    Are the wild apples edible?
    You really know what to photograph to make an interesting photo essay. I enjoyed it.
    Norma

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

Woody said exactly what I was thinking! Lovely photos, even if I'm not ready to experience that myself.

V.

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

What a lovely group of pictures. You do have to admit that the snow really looks pretty with the fall colors. The veranda picture especially caught my eye.

Michelle

• anitamo
    14 years ago

Your farm is beautiful in all seasons, but I esp. like seeing it with newly fallen snow. It's so charming and nostalgic, like the poem, "Through the woods, and over the snow, to grandmother's house we go...."

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting