Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Besotted Nana Photos...

gardenbug
16 years ago

Wanted to share a 'few' of the people in my life...far off though they may be.

Cousin Cody (wonderful kid!) visted Reed in early October.

{{gwi:186293}}

Skyler's buddy came for a sleepover and they had waffles for breakfast. (This never happened when I was a child -lucky guys!)

{{gwi:186296}}

Reed enjoys observing life from his bumbo chair.

{{gwi:186299}}

{{gwi:186301}}

But tummy time is fun too:

{{gwi:186303}}

For Halloween there was lots of excitement and decorating, lots of it gruesome. But Reed was a cozy teddy bear and Skyler, well Harry Potter of course!

{{gwi:184843}}

Mommy was an evil witch. Check out her nose!

{{gwi:186304}}

Skyler thinks Reed is the very best!(Thank Goodness!)

{{gwi:186305}}

One morning Skyler decided to make breakfast for everybody. Unfortunately, he forgot the oil and also didn't watch the progress of the cooking until the black stage... Daddy cleaned it up and they had to start over....

{{gwi:186306}}

In early November, Sarah declared that her DH could not use the hot tub in winter unless he improved the insulation and covering for it. So the big project began....in the snow and in the dark.

{{gwi:186307}}

In the daytime, Reed helped.

{{gwi:186308}}

Daddy worked and worked.

{{gwi:186311}}

The next day Daddy made lots of noise with saws and things, so Reed's ears were protected.

{{gwi:186313}}

It was all just so tedious that by evening everyone sat back with a drink. Bad baby!

{{gwi:186314}}

That's all for now folks!

Comments (11)

• chelone
    16 years ago

Geritol shooters... I knew it!

• triple_creek
    16 years ago

I love these little adventures you take us on Bug.
    Skyler makes a perfectHarry Potter. And it is great he loves Reed so much. There could have been a lot of jealousy there.
    That Bumbo seat looks like a great asset.
    I love the way Reed is included in all of the activities too. We didn't do much without our kids either.
    I guess when you live where it is cold so much you don't let the weather slow you down much.

Norma

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

If this is what one gets to see when when is a Nana, pass the bottle!!!

Martie

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

What a fun series of pictures! It looks like the family has "blended" very well.

Watch that Bumbo seat though, its been in the news in the last couple of weeks that they should only be set on the floor as some babies have wiggled out of them and fallen and gotten skull fractures.

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Precious stuff Marie! That Reed just gets cuter and cuter! I've heard warnings on the Bumbo lately too. Seems babies arch their backs and tumble out. Bella had one though and I loved it. I think it just comes down to adult supervision like anything else with kids abd I know Sarah and dsil are vigilant with that. Glad you're back! I missed you!

Eden

Eden

• just_t
    16 years ago

Loved seeing the photos!

The Bumbo chair news/information has been a topic for conversations within our family also.

Thanks for sharing the photos Nana 'bug.

T.

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

Adorable happy Reed. And really like the one of Skylar with the waffle pan :) Handled beautifully by his Dad.

Signed, Besotted Idyller

• saucydog
    16 years ago

I love peeking into other's lives! What fun!

Reed is a cutie.

Skyler will has now figured out why oil is important in waffle recipes, much as I learned why leavening agents were important in the cake :)

GB, I am happy for you!

Saucy

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Fabulous photos - a delicious slice of life from a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing your happiness GB!

Mary

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

A great group of pictures. Almost everyone is 'covered'...(only the grands are left out). Of course DD's pic doesn't flatter her very well ! LOL
    I espacially like the first one, and the waffle snafu rings a bell...:-(
    Thanks for the family tour.

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

What a great story teller -- and picture perfect family, 'bug -- Im sure you're just dying to see 'em close up again soon.

Thanks for sharing.

--Cindy

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?