Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving Morning in the Wine Country -lots o' pics

Posted by dodgerdudette NapaCaz9 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 26, 09 at 14:34

Early morning on a major holiday is a great time to drive through our valley..few cars, few people easy to putter along and pull off the road frequently..

These are vineyards at Chimney Rock on the drier east side of the valley

From Napa Fall 2009

From Napa Fall 2009

View across the valley looking west

From Napa Fall 2009

This is California , right? Gotta have some palm trees

From Napa Fall 2009

From Napa Fall 2009

Olives and lavender along the road in Oakville.

From Napa Fall 2009

A mossy stone wall

From Napa Fall 2009

Vines and Oaks

From Napa Fall 2009

Sycamores line the road to Groth Vineyards

From Napa Fall 2009

From Napa Fall 2009

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving Morning in the Wine Country -lots o' pics

Olives and lavender win the prize any day for me!
Sycamores, oaks and, well all the others are gorgeous! Thanks for rising early and thinking of us!

o

I love your pictures, Kathy. Our former Idyll member, Jain, from the hills east of San Francisco, used to post a lot from her area. I sure miss her.
I never did get to your area, or hers. But, unlike Chelone, I do believe they exist...LOL.

I sure agree about the lack of traffic on days like today. I went to town right after noon to get some last minute groceries. I loved how empty the roads and the town was, even WalMart!

o

Lovely photos! Thanks for the visit.

V.

o

It's hard to choose a favorite from so many beautiful pictures but I particularly liked the overall patterns in the first picture best.

o

Hmm...my post of yesterday disappeared!

I love them all and can't wait to see the landscape in person! Napa is having a lovely fall.

Saucy

o

Bravo! What a fabulous grouping of pictures. I can see why the Napa Valley is so famous. I especially like #2.

Thanks for being such a good tour guide ;o)

Michelle

o

These are great, Kathy! Such beautiful scenery! Thanks for the tour. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Eden

o

I don't believe any of it.
I KNOW you live two towns west of me and photshop all the special effects you want me to believe are shots of your "native"landscape".
Just so you know I'm "wise" to you!

:)

o

Very pretty -- it makes me think you have a very organized symmetrical Autumn w/ all the trees in rows and foliage organized in the vinyards, LOL....

-cindy

o

Truly lovely shots of a beautiful location. Thanks for sharing these Kathy! marvelous!
Deanne

o

That's it!!! The client I sent out there needs to spend more money next year if this is what she got to enjoy!!

Absolutely beautiful, Kathy. I'm with 'bug on the lavs...

Martie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here