Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctlavluvr

Honoring the Winter Solstice Idyll Style

ctlavluvr
15 years ago

Wishing you all warm and happy Winter thoughts.....

{{gwi:188118}}

In peace,

Martie

Comments (12)

• cynthia_gw
    15 years ago

That's lovely Martie! And the snowy background is perfect touch :)

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Christmas Cheer to the Idylls !

{{gwi:188120}}From Christmas 2008

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

How pretty! Love the lighted idea Martie with the snow background and a cute little California arrangement there Kathy! I'm sorry I didn't post mine on time, but I should be able to over the next couple of days. Looking forward to seeing more :-)

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Lovely, lovely Martie and Kathy.

(I'm afraid all my standards don't have any leaves on them right now as they are in dormancy so they wouldn't make a good addition here. )

Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

You guys have really raised the bar for me to come up with a creative way to display my topiary. I love the lights and snow Martie. Kathy, the blue pot and bench are fun and I love the birdhouse!

Since we still have blizzard conditions here today and we will be staying home all day I should be able to get my picture up.

Michelle

• ctlavluvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't do anything to hurt yourself, Michelle, as we'd rather have you functional than a topped out tope :-)

Announcement: I am officially coveting Kathy's pineapple.

I think Deanne can be provided a pass on this photo thread given the wonders she produces all year round.......

PM - Take your time......

Looking forward to more!! Plain, fancy, not quite perfect -- it's the Feeling behind the pics that most important. After today, things will literally be brighter so why not start here??

Martie

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

{{gwi:188121}}

Forgive the crumby photo, I just can't seem to take good indoor pics. This is coleus 'Witch Doctor'.

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

And this is my variEgated ficus twig, uh, TREE!

{{gwi:188122}}

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Gardenbug, that ficus has really grown from the small cutting you posted back in September and looks so healthy.

Michelle, I am never happy with my indoor photos either. I thought your photo was very good. What a cute Coleus 'tree' and love your very natural style of christmas decor. That wreath on the wall looks intriguing.

This is my 'Good 'n Plenty' Begonia needing to fill out more and not in bloom yet, but ready for Christmas....

{{gwi:188123}}

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Martie...I thought you might enjoy this Williamsburg Christmas Standard... :-)

{{gwi:188124}}

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Chelone, I've been spending a little time with my camera. I remembered that you asked about Sarah's winter program and I came across this picture of her scanning the audience for her parents (the stage lights were blaring and we had no light over us, so she had to make an effort, lol!):
    {{gwi:188125}}

Check out the kid with the "binoculars"!

The musical line up was:
    Ocho Kandelikas
    Christmas Lights
    and Song of Peace

PM, the entrance is at the bottom of the hive, but no matter where it is because it's covered with 2 feet of snow in that picture :)

Martie, I love your holiday table!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sarah did not sing Ocho Kandelikas like this :)

• ctlavluvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, but Saucy, I bet Sarah could give singing it like that one heckava shot!! LOL Great pic.

I do love the Williamsburg standard, and have really enjoyed seeing the fruits of everyone's labors.

Martie