Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martieinct

Idyll #298 - Looking Forward

martieinct
17 years ago

With the addition of Drema's last six weeks to the downs afflicting the Idylls, thought it would be a good thing to venture forth into the New Year in a hurry! Carry on....

Comments (101)

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Morning all,

Well IÂm still in the grips of this flipping upper respiratory thing. GrrrrrÂ.. I kept waking up coughing last night. IÂm hoping IÂm past the worst of this. This is the first time IÂve been sick this long in a couple years and itÂs a drag and a half. Warm and windy today and they are predicting the temps to go into the 60Âs this week!!!! Amazing!

Taryn, great to hear from you and loved the pic from MoniqueÂs garden. Lovely

Thanks everyone, glad you liked the bird photographs. I really do enjoy my feathered vistors.

Chelone, yes, that is a Dark-eyed Junco. IÂve only infrequently had Cedar Waxwings here and IÂve never been able to get any good photographs of them unfortunately. They are a favorite of mine as well. ~~ Glad to hear you are on the mend.

PM2 Thanks! IÂm currently using a Canon Rebel Xti with a Canon 100/400 IS AF zoom lens.

Norma, If you can think of a way for me to market the pics IÂd love to hear it! LOL

Martie, IÂve only started growing hellebores in the last several years and they are a joy in the spring. Did you see the photos of SueÂs ÂIvory Prince from last spring? It was breathtaking.

Kathy, sounds like our weather here is going to be about the same as what you have there now. Strange! IÂm still looking forward to photos of your pansy display when they get going.

Michelle, lovely winter garden scene. It looks like March here with no snow cover at all.

OK IÂm off to do something productive with this day. Have a good day everyone,.
    Deanne

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

DEANNE....I have heard a couple of other people say they love the Rebel, too. I am very impressed with the quality of the photos. I suspect that your particular skills and talent are more the reason than the camera though. :-) I think they really are professional quality and I would send out some feelers to Birds 'n Blooms for one. Must be some other publications that would be thrilled to have your work.

CHELONE....I keep missing your posts just after I post. [g] That is a long time that you have been caring for your Mom. Did I hear you say you have someone who comes in to help a little? Is there any possiblity of getting someone in for a little more time to allow you a little breathing space? I think I read you have a brother. Does he live a distance from you? I wonder if he could come and spend a weekend to give you a break?

It sounds like you are the kind of person who would stick up for themselves when needed, so I would suspect you have already attempted to get some more help. It is such a lot of work to have to care for someone 24/7 and I just don't think people understand how much more tolerable it would be if they just helped out a little more and a little more consistently. Let's hope 2007 will bring you a little more help. I think you are doing a remarkable job and handling it much better than I could. :-)

I understand having to sideline things. Our backborder went without pruning or care for 20 years we lived here before we could do anything to it. By the time we got to it, we had to rip the whole thing out and start again. I must have been producing graph paper sketches and measuring and making plant lists for about 8 years before I got to do one thing. :-( It was such a joy to finally make a start and put away the pencils and paper and get out the shovels. It's very hard to always be waiting to do what you want. I hope things will change for you soon.

As for the ornaments. Of those I posted most were just some of my favorite pretty ornaments. The Boston Ducklings ornament represents the Ugly Ducklings children's book that we used to read to our kids and there is a sculpture of them in the Boston Public Gardens where the story takes place that we took them to when they were little. I am sure you know that story Chelone, since the author is from Maine..Robert McCloskey, who also did 'Blueberries for Sal' among others, which takes place in Maine. We read all his books when the kids were little, since my family came from Maine and I visited there a lot when I was growing up. The representation of a pine cone ornament is new and really pretty in person. It is very large and although out of proportion to the others on the tree, I couldn't resist taking it home because of the detail. The surface is made from all these little tiny beads some gold and some are different shiny colors, maybe of glass?

We do have some homemade ornaments that are pretty old and some that were favorites of...

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    17 years ago

All this talk of hellebores made me go out and check on mine I think I owe Monique a birthday card, so hereÂs to a Happy, almost flowering (?!), January Birthday!

{{gwi:2101604}}

{{gwi:2101605}}

This extraordinarily mild weather is forecast to continue for at least another week, so those buds will likely be open in a few more days. Flowers in January eerieÂ

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Taking a wee break for lunch - I have to smile - we're all so bound and determined to rush Winter along arent we? Woodie, you now have me an official hellebore watcher as well -- I'll be out w/a flashlight tonite checking on any possible "buds" on my hellebores, LOL!! I moan about global warming, but I don't mind no snow & warm temps in winter -- the silly inconsistency of my wishes!(I'll be cursing the weeds & insects in that also result in a few months, right?)

Deanne - I forgot to mention again how much I adore your bird photos - Im pretty much an ignoramus on them; so I'm enjoying the education you and Chelone are giving me w/ real names & close-ups of these fellows. I have a lot of birds in my surrounds, but I purposely have no birdfeeders close by (for a number of reasons) - so this is a real treat & education. Keep 'em coming!!!

Well, I've managed to retain a bit of my good humor & optimism for the office altho it's been challenged already that gave me a headache by 10 a.m. - but w/ some "vitamin I" (aka ibuprophen) and deep breathing, Im back on "go easy".

Hoping Bella's & T's germs are not contagious here.... & hoping good health to the rest who are not feeling so well w/ colds, etc.

Missed your hellebores, Kathy -- you're teasing too re winter! Send us photos of the roses when they start back up so we can all drool.

Cindy

• chelone
    17 years ago

I did get Mum to the lab. for the bloodtests. It hasn't been a "good day". She is having a "slow" day today. Instead of repeating myself 3 times I've had to do it 5 or 6 to get the simplest tasks accomplished. She is entitled to "bad days", too, but when the first thing out of her mouth is, "I can't... ", "I don't...", or "I won't" I quickly tap my reserves of patience. I lost my temper with her this morning and really yelled. Then I "disappeared", cooled down and realized that I've HAD ENOUGH. For months now, I've been asking patiently for the applications to be submitted for LTC and have asked for respite. My requests have fallen on deaf ears and I left a terse message for my brother to call me this evening. There is a woman who comes in to help her bathe, but aside from that, I do it all. I feel as though I am invisible, without a voice. It will 4 years in June of this year... and I need to finish this chapter in my life. For over 2 yrs. I've not been able to go out at night, leave for more than 3-4 hrs. at a stretch without hiring someone to stay with her. I never wanted children; and the past 3 1/2 yrs. have been my personal nightmare; a "choice" between doing what's right and proper and being able to live life and enjoy it because I've worked hard and have achieved a level of security and independence by making very tough choices early on.

I loved "Make Way For Ducklings" and recognized the picture instantly. We began a tradition of purchasing one or two ornaments for the tree whenever we'd take a trip. It's fun to see them accumulate. I enjoyed 'bug's "Deck the Halls" thread very much. This is the year we get a nice tree "topper", I think. And 2007 must be the year we're able to "travel" again; if it isn't I don't know if there will be any joy left in me by this time next year.

I went to the shop this morning (after my fit of pique) and we exchanged our Christmas gifts and had lunch together. My co-workers have been wonderful to me; fully aware that I'm hanging on by a thread. I confessed that my gift selections were sort of "uninspired", and we all laughed about having the same feeling this year. But, as it turned out, my choices were well received. Who'da thunk 12 cotton napkins, a gravy seperator, spatula, covered butter dish, dog book, and cement garden frog would bring so much cheer?! I made a gold velveteen pouch for the frog, having no suitable box for him... the pouch was as appreciated as the statuary, lol. :)

Well... I have to get the dog out for his "forced march" before the remaining sun sinks below the horizon. And then deal with my brother. It's gonna be a great night. :/

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

The pictures are awesome! From GB's down home Xmas (that little boy is adorable with the flushed face and closed eyes), to Woody's kitchen murder (It cracked me up), Michelle's Currier and Ives does Iowa, and Deanne's better than real life birds! Do I see a flea? Enjoyed PM2s ornament extravaganza, and Martie when were you taking pictures in my cellar?!

Dannie, my newest doglet is off to take her pet therapy test tonight. She is my manic depressive but will be a wonderful therapy dog if she doesn't freak out during the test. I think she's ready. She was returned (after two years) in July for 24/7 anxiety, fear of everything, and has come a long long way under the guidance of 'loosen up and be a slutdog' Katie-kins and 'real dogs sniff everything' Monty-man. Two months to teach her sit which was a close tie with bringing up Katie :-)Not a natural posture for greys.

Wish us luck.... If she flunks, we'll try again if it isn't too taxing on her. She's still my funny girl and every new experience makes her more resilient. Right?

Nervous mom Cynthia

• chelone
    17 years ago

Pullin' for Dannie (and Cynthia, ;) )! I know you've mentioned this before, but I didn't know "sit" was tough for greys. Why? is it a conformational thing? Is "Down" easier for them? One thing I have learned at the altar of Wrecks is that you have to keep trying even when met with stiff opposition or inattention. Once they "get it" and know how pleased you are by what they've done, they'll move heaven and earth to do it again. Unless they smell something more interesting... :)

I took the huge dog for a golf course ramble this afternoon. In spite of feeling really low about things in general, I was bouyed within 3 minutes. It's REALLY hard to remain glum when watching a 100 lb. dog cavort madly, sniffing and peeing on everything. He is such a goof-ball. I forgot to put the treats in my pocket, but had a tennis ball and the leash. I burned the steam outta him with the tennis ball and then we alternated distance commands with on-leash work. Once again, the 3 things dogs need flashed across my brain: Exercise, Discipline, Affection. He was pooped when we returned home (so was I!). We CRUISE. I walk "fast" anyway (always have), but keep the pace over all the rises, dips and I keep Rex moving, too. The only time I stop moving is when I call him back to me for the complete "sit in front of me" finish to a command. When we returned to the house he had a long "beverage" and received a well-earned biscuit. He's totally sacked out now. :)

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Just a quick hello. Chelone, I think you and I are in the same boat today. Bella's fever's gone, but she's obviously still not feeling herself. She's fussy and crying about every little thing. Kinda like your mum? Consequently I can't seem to get a thing done. Just thought I'd drop in and commiserate with you. Caring for an elderly person is much harder that a toddler though I know. Good for you for lighting a fire under your db.

Cynthia, good luck being sent to your girl for passing her test, though even if she doesn't I know you'll love her just as much or even more.

Hi Taryn, great to hear from you but we need a much lllooonnngggeeerrr post from you...please?

I have to go cater to Miss Fussypants now, lol. Maybe I'll be able to get back here tomorrow and stay awhile????

Eden

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

My comiserations Chelone. I'm glad you had a moments reprieve walking Rex.

Eden, would Bella be cutting her two year molars or something?

Well now I must go out and look at my hellebores tomorrow.

Taryn, sorry to hear you still have things to work out. I will be pulling for you. We do miss your posts here.

Miss Dannie must be done with her test by now?

Ok, I finally have one more thing marked off My list. I went and used the gift certificates for the manicure and pedicure that I received for mothers day. Just couldn't bring myself to do it during garden season. Dh said he has never seen me with painted toes. I told him to take a good look because he probably never would see it again. LOL. It was ok, but not something I would spend my own money on. LOL I'll just screw up the nails in a day or so anyway.

I really must get some plants taken care of tomorrow. Why is it so much more fun outdoors?

Nothing new here, so I won't bore you all. Norma

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Just checking in to let you all know that we made it to the BIL's funeral today. I drove out right at daybreak. All was white with frost. It was a 67 mile drive. I commandeered one of the younger women to drive us on to the funeral. It was so nice to be a passenger for a change!
    I had never seen a funeral like his. It was a memorial service, with his ashes in an urn, on a table, with pictures and flowers surrounding it. Afterwards they took the urn to the cemetary and placed it in a predug hole. A few words were said...the widow tossed a handful of dirt in...and 3 grandsons finished filling in the hole. It was all according to the BIL's wishes.
    We were back home before 3PM, in time for my afternoon rest. All in all, it was a good day....the weather was perfect.

Chelone, I am so sorry for your heartaches. This SIL had spent several years caring for her DH. She was worn down to a nub! The poor gal is tiny anyway, and had lost so much weight she now weighs less than 90 lbs. I hope the strain is not costing you your health.

Taryn, it is good hearing from you. I am sorry about your dial up problems. Is there absolutely no way of getting a better hookup?

Eden, I am sorry about Bella's sickness. I would have a really hard time coping with a sick child. It seems like the small children go from one sick spell to another now-a-days, and it is espacially bad for those who are exposed ...like in a day care.

Pm2, If your pics are in Picture Trail, or a similar site, all you need to do to get them off the forum is to move them from the album that they are in.

Marian

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Marian, Good to hear you had a safe trip for the funeral.
    I am getting terible about wanting to be back home and settled in by early evening anymore. Guess I have turned in to an old stick in the mud. I think it is more about being comfortable in my own surrondings though. N

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

It was slow at the restaurant tonight so Megan got to leave early and picked up Bella about 7pm. So I have a chance to do laundry and water those plants that need it most. These days if you're a plant and you want water you'd better be drooping big time, lol.

New problem here, Brad had a physical last week and the Dr called today and said his cholesterol levels weren't good and he wants to put him on medication. He's really been watching what he eats since early Aug and has lost 25 lbs and he's always worked out and plays lots of racquetball. His dad died of heart disease so the Dr. says it's hereditary. Well, when I called Brad this afternoon and told him the Dr. had called in the prescription and wanted to see him in a month he said he's not taking it. I know it has side affects but I think he must need it. I told him he'd better call the Dr. and talk to him about it so we'll see what happens....

Norma, I don't know, it possibly could be Bella's teeth. Whatever it is I hope it passes soon. How's Wyatt feeling and have they figured out what's wrong yet?

Marian, glad you made it to the funeral and back again safely.

Prairie, you asked about my family. Brad's my husband. We have 3 children. Jennifer's 27, Megan's 26 and David's 20. David's the the only one still at home, except Brad of course, lol. Isabella belongs to Megan and she'll be 2 in Feb. Megan's a single mom so we all try to help out with Bella and I watch her 3 or 4 days a week while Megan's at work. You also asked about my agaves. I'm keeping mine on an east facing window shelf over the winter and had most of them outside last summer. They seem to be doing fine so far.

I'm going to fold a load of laundry and then get to bed early tonight. Since Christmas I can't seem to get enough sleep. I've been going to bed early and getting up late and am still worn out by 7pm.

Have a good evening everyone.

Eden

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Norma, not only was it good to be safely home in time for my nap, it was comforting to find that Trubby and Tommy had not destroyed the interior of the house while we were gone! lol . We left them inside, and I am beginning to think they really like the peace and quiet when we are gone. :-)
    Welcome to the "old stick in the mud" group. (I am another who was in bed well before midnight on New Year's Eve. )

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

Dannie passed! size>

Cheddar cheese for all! I thought about breaking out the caviar and smoked salmon from a humongous gift basket I got, but figured they'd get thirsty and ask for the champagne next.

She passed! My little scaredy girl is brave and confident now. She has a certificate that says she is special, but I knew it all along. :-)

Eden, could you wrap the pills in cream cheese balls and give him one a day. Or hide them in quesadillas?! Start making oatmeal muffins, oatmeal gruel, oatmeal snacks, put oatmeal in the vegetarian meatloaf, and in his coffee. He may just need a little time to be logical about the meds. I know how he feels. But if he wants to see his grandchildren grow up...?

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Cynthia, I have missed your humor! Congratulations to Dannie and to you too! I can only imagine how much you've worked with her to get her to this place. I think you deserve a certificate that says you're special too! I think you're right, Brad will think it over and realize taking the meds is the way to go. And it's oatmeal for breakfast every morning. My mom told me that same thing.

Eden

• dodgerdudette
    17 years ago

Good Evening Idylls...Back to work today. Kind of a rode awakening after all the jocularity of the holidays. It was dark when I got home, otherwise I would have rushed out and taken more Hellebore pics ! This one I took yesterday will have to do. It's Helleborus foetidus. I love this one because it is so upright and the flowers hold on for a long time. I will take another pic in a few weeks as it is just starting to bud up, and also has new growth from the base.

{{gwi:2101606}}

PM, Thomas Hobbs lives in Vancouver BC. There is a winery garden here in Oakville that he designed and I have forgotten which winery ! I need to find out to go visit this summer.

Boy Deanne, my pansy display looks like absolute crapola right now ! We had that spell of frosts and it put them into suspended animation. Some day it will be worth taking photos of-long about mid Feb I think !

Chelone, your stamina is admirable. And it is important to be able to detach for awhile as you did with you doggie walk (or sprint as the case may be) . We all find ways to cope. I truly hope you are able to get the ball rolling on the LTC thing.

Eden, bummer about the colesterol thing for your DH. I never know what to think about this stuff-DR's always seem to want to prescribe something, and you always wonder if there is a lifestyle thing or diet thing that can be done-though it sounds like Brad has already made some changes ? I just hate the idea of getting stuck taking a pill every day , indefinately !

Marian, glad to hear you had a pleasant day for BIL's memorial. When my DH passed away we had no service at all, but an open house --sort of a wake in a sense, except there was no funeral. My DD made several photo collages that we hung around the dining room, and we felt really good about the whole thing after it was over. We knew DH would have approved !

Norma-love that painted toe story !! I did two pedicures last summer , but don't bother to do manicures because my hands are a mess during gardening season . Don't painted toes make you feel a bit glamorous ??

Cindy -rose pics wll be coming in April...! I always keep track of which one blooms first, usually it's been Charlotte Armstrong, but last year it was Archduke Charles .I am a hopeless addict and you guys will probably get sick of all my pics and ranting and raving about roses over the summer.

Time for dinner and the newspaper .."see" you all tommorow.

Kathy in the Napa Valley

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Tonights project was taking down the Christmas decorations. Not nearly as fun as putting them up.

Deanne, hope you feel better soon.

Chelone, I thought of you when I started the cabinet hardware project because I am using the hammered metal paint. I soaked them in TSP (cleaner & deglosser) and then scrubbed them. Then they were primed, painted and 2 coats of sealer. I also washed all the cabinets with MurphyÂs Oil soap and then polished with cabinet polish. The downside to it all was the sliver of oak that I got under my fingernail while washing. I told DH what you all say here that housework is hazardous. LOL
    Sorry that you are so down.

Eden, sorry to hear about the high cholesterol. My mom was told she needed medication. She decided to change her diet for 6 months to see if she could go with out medication. She drastically dropped hers. My dad is another story. Green tea is supposed to be beneficial and my mom swears Benacol helps her. (ThatÂs the cholesterol lower margarine)
    I hope Miss Fussypants feels better soon. Its so hard when they canÂt tell you whatÂs wrong.

Taryn, great that you have come out of hiding. Is there no high speed internet available at the new place? Thanks for the beautiful, bright picture.

Kathy, lovley hellebore. The new camera seems to work great.

No hellebores in my garden, but Ivory Prince is on the wish list.

No working in the garden here, but I did pick up a great new urn at SamÂs the other day.

Pm2, your pine cabin ornament reminds me of some birdhouse ornaments that I picked up at the $ store this year. I got 3 and each is different, made with pinecones and birchbark and a little red bird.
    As for the cats, I canÂt get away for a walk without them. ThereÂs usually 3. They just follow along. I sometimes feel like the Pied Piper.

Cindy, I needed some "vitamin I" today at work because of one very annoying customer. LOL

Cynthia, what great news for Dannie. They are so lucky to have you.

Norma, never had painted toes??? I have only had one pedicure, but do paint my own all during sandal weather.

I must go as I need to finish the packing away, water plants and generally clean the place up. We need to go to the funeral home tomorrow night and the next night we have a meeting here and I would really like the cabinet doors back on by then as my cupboards are anything but neat.

Michelle

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

Is it really Wednesday? A three day work week for DH..yay!
    DD came home with a cold yesterday. I hope it is not going to be the 3 week kind some of you have been talking about. Our tree made it out of the house yesterday and the living room is back to normal. It was a very pretty day here yesterday, sunny and bright and mild. A little breezy. Today I have to get down to business and start making decisions about seed to order. Anyone have one special seed that they are particularly excited to order?

I was hoping someone could recommend a good photo website? I need to start putting some on a site to make it easier to manage and I tried Photobucket once and didn't like them. Any other good experiences with others?

Also want to go out and check my Hellebores today. [g] Loved all the Hellebore photos.

CHELONE....I am very happy for you that you have your animals and that obviously bring so much joy to your life. Your walk with Rex yesterday sounded so energizing. Hope you were able to have a good talk with your DB.

Hope Bella is starting to feel better EDEN. Glad you got a break last night. I love your children's names...so pretty. It sounds like you are all very close and supportive of each other. Eden...you mention Brad's doc wanting him to be on meds. Cholesterol lowering meds? Some of those are pretty hard on the liver. I would be very reluctant to take them myself. I know it is scary especially when there is a history of heart disease, but sometimes the choices force you to change one problem for another. Before he does anything, I highly recommend a book by Eric Braverman M.D. called The Amazing Way to Reverse Heart Disease Naturally. I recently had high blood pressure issues and I have been following these recommendations for 3 weeks and have seen my pressure come down already and have been feeling better. Cholesterol issues are covered too. He goes over the medication question and has case histories. He worked with people on medications to get off of them and they were able to. Dr Braverman is not an obscure doctor, but has had programs on PBS. I put a link to the book below.

Oh, how exciting about your agaves on an East window. If they survive an East window, then I am sure I could keep one over the winter. I am surprised they don't need more light than that. Adding agave to the list. Thanks Eden!

NORMA...skip the manicure and pedicure the next time and go for the massage! :-) I have to pay some attention to my plants this morning too. Some got moved around to accomodate Christmas and need to go back. Now that you mention it, I do find it more of a chore indoors than out. Why is that? [g]

MARIAN...Glad you are back home and the funeral is behind you. Very sad, but it sounds like in some ways it might be a relief for all of them. Thanks for that info about moving photos in and out of Picture Trail. :-)

I was wondering how DANNIE did on her test...Congratulations...

• martieinct
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good orange morning. Sun is just peaking over the trees ...

Quick wave today. Car maintenance can't wait any longer and the only time they had was 8am. No prob, here.

Congrats, Dannie!! (Have to admit that when I first saw the news I hadn't read the intro. Passed what, I thought??? Did she swallow something???????)

Marian - Glad you got to be a passenger. I know the feeling. LOL

Chelone - Feel what you're feeling and hope that the talk with your brother proved your point.

Yesterday went to Probate Court with annual reports on DB and things will be changing for the Easier!!! It's good when the Court Clerk is a gardener ..... :-)

More later. Hope this orange glow finds you all!!

Martie

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Morning all,

Well IÂm still coughing a lung all night long with this bronchitis and IÂll be beyond happy when this is over with. I HATE being sick. IÂm desperate to get to the gym but know IÂll just prolong the cough and cold if I go and exercise. Grumble hmmmpppffffÂ.. Ok IÂm done whining.

Cynthia, so happy that your Dannie has come so far and passed her test and I forgot to tell you how much I loved the potty in the crate story. These animals are much smarter than we give them credit for at times.

Eden, so why is Brad against taking medication for the cholesterol issue? YouÂve got to do what youÂve got to do and he needs to deal with it. If he wants to lower the levels naturally he will probably have to do more aerobic exercise than racquetball and even with weight loss sometimes it takes being really careful about fat intake (down with anything saturated and up with Omega 3Âs) it can help a lot. I know Doug has lowered his levels by 75 points in the last five years!!!! ~~~ Hope Bella is feeling better soon. Be glad you arenÂt around me this week as IÂm probably as cranky as she is. LOL

Chelone, I canÂt even imagine dealing with your situation. It must be horribly difficult. Do keep at your DB and get this resolved soon. In the meantime is there any way your DB can take care of her for a few weeks again so you can have a break?

Kathy, amazing how far along your H. foetidus is. Beautiful! I went to check and it turns out that my hellebores are budding up as well and IÂm going to have to get them mounded up with some mulch or IÂll lose them if we ever get any real winter weather. Mid 50Âs again today. Incredible. We just had the warmest December on record and Jan is shaping up to do the same.

OK must run, have a great day
    Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Deanne, I am assuming that you have been to the DR?

I had quite a scare this a.m. on the way to work. I met a semi and a large chunk of ice came off the roof of his trailer. It hit my windshield and basically shattered it right on the drivers side. Luckily no one was behind me and I was able to pull over safely. There was glass everywhere, all the way back to the back window. I was covered in glass, even in my mouth and hair. Fortunatly it wasn't worse and I must have squinted my eyes upon impact and didn't get any in my eyes. It also broke the drivers side mirror. I sat on the side of the road a nervous mess and would you believe that not one person stopped to check if I was ok. There were construction workers not but a block or so away and they just ignored me too. I talked to Rick and he calmed me down. I checked the outside of the car and then drove home (I was only a few miles from home) I got the pickup and went to work. Anyway, I'm ok.

Later
    Michelle

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

My word! Michelle! What an awful experience! Thank God you are not all cut up! I can hardly comprehend no one coming to see about you. I really don't think people would be like that here.

Deanne, I am so sorry you are having a hard time shaking that bronchitis. It is going around here, but so far we have escaped it. I hope you are taking lots of vitamin C.

Marian

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

"I sat on the side of the road a nervous mess and would you believe that not one person stopped to check if I was ok. There were construction workers not but a block or so away and they just ignored me too."

In Iowa!!!???? Michelle, I would expect this in Maryland. (Well,actually in Maryland someone would come over to check you but just to see if you were dead so that they could steal your purse.)

You must have really had your wits about you not to have spun off into an even worse accident. Don't get me started on those killer ice blocks that develop when people don't bother to clean the tops of their cars and trucks. Wow. That must have been just awful. I am so sorry and hope you are calmer now.

• chelone
    17 years ago

My congratulations for Dannie! Cynthia, you must be so pleased. It takes such a lot of work to bring confidence levels up... Katie must be rubbin' off on her, Monty, too.

Michelle, what a scarey thing to have happen to you. But what's worse is that not a soul stopped to see if they could help you... what a sad commentary on people and their concern for their fellow man. I would have stopped... . I really liked the hammered finish paint I used on the kerbside freebie... I'll be the hardware will look great when it's done; what color did you use? Bummer about the oak under the fingernail. OUCH... I've done that with staples at work, and also with woody/dried plant material.

I'm in the final stages of the cold and commiserate with Deanne. Pretty sick of sleeping propped up on several pillows, are we?! ;) Hang in there, it WILL pass.

I discovered last night (after my brother failed to call me at all) that Mum had managed to lose one of her hearing aids. I hunted high and low in her room, checked the inside of my car, the direveway, the hallway, the dining area... everywhere. I couldn't find it, neither could the helpmeet. I left a note for the woman that comes in to help her bathe that we were "firing on one cylinder". I went to work and called the audiologist for an appointment for a fitting for a new one, and learned it would cost $1100. I arrived home to discover that the "bath lady" FOUND IT! evidently it was under the bed, near one of the legs, she HEARD it buzzing. I don't know what sort of nice thing to do for her as a token of my great esteem and appreciation.

Work was a nightmare. Incomplete information, I thought I was doing the right thing (my questions were talked over repeatedly), but turned out I wasn't. I simply put my hands in the air and said, "I can't do this anymore. I asked you about this very point yesterday and you didn't listen. I can't do a good job for you and do it easily with incomplete information and 'stream of consciouness' instructions. I can't please you or anyone, let alone myself anymore. If you need to replace me, go ahead.". And I came home.

I made lunch for Mum and then took Rex out for a couple of hours. At least the sun was warm and now I'm tuckered out. I even managed to persuade Mum to go outdoors for a full half hour.

How long before I can rationalize going to bed?

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Michelle, That must have been so scary! Thank goodness you're ok.

Deanne, I keep forgetting to tell you how much I enjoyed the most recent bird shots. I just love being able to see all the details, especially their little feet. I've been showing them to everybody that stops by here. Maybe it's time to see the Dr. since your cold seems to still be hanging on. My mom and sister both had to get antibiotics this week for theirs.

It's been sunny here all day. Still no snow. We got all of the outside Christmas decorations down and put away this morning, except the roping. I hate taking that down and usually leave it for a few more weeks or else the house looks so bare. Bella's much more herself today. She's been playing and happy as can be so I she must be feeling better. I'm glad that's over!

Eden

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

Wow Michelle...you were so LUCKY! Amazing that you were not hurt. Your husband must be so upset. You must have excellent reflexes and nerves. I don't think I could have shut my eyes to avoid the flying glass, and pulled the car over to the side. I can just imagine the scare from the sound of it and the shock of it actually coming through the windshield into the car.

It is very sad to hear that no one came to check on you. When you have to conclude that no one is out there willing to watch your back at all...even in a situation where there was no danger to them in trying to help. Good thing you had your cell phone and were ok to drive.

I hope you have recovered some from the experience. A large glass of wine with dinner seems in order.

:-)
    pm2

• dodgerdudette
    17 years ago

Hiya- Gloomy damp weather has arrived in Northern Calif-a bit of that really annoying drizzly rain, cold and grey (cold of course being relative to the climate zone ! )

Cynthia, congrats on Dannies graduation- how patient you must be ! Lucky for her !

PM , I do use Photobucket, and you might want to go back and give it another try, they have dome some upgrades on the site in the last 6 to 8 weeks and it has improved its functionality and ease of use. I use the freebie version .

So Deanne, have you tried whiskey ??? :-) Another possibility would be to fly to Palm Springs and lay in the desert sun for about three days to dry that stuff up. Hope you are feeling better soon ! At least you aren't laid low during gardening season-what a drag that would be..

Michelle¡how scary ! But what about the driver of the semi?? I'm surprised he didn't stop- maybe he was too far ahead of you realize what happened. We don't have trucks with chunks of ice on top in these parts.

Chelone- maybe your home situation is spilling over into your worklife . Carrying frustrations along to work certainly would magnify the problems there and make them intolerable. I sense your resiliency, but everyone has a breaking point . There are lots of demands on your resources right now , I hope your co-workers, bosses etc can cut you a little slack. If one of my employees was juggling the challenges you are I would certainly try to be as supportive as possible.
    Best wishes too you, good vibes, listen to some good music and consider your options..and hooray for the bath lady !

'kay , I'm going to dine on some leftovers and read the paper...

Kathy in the Napa Valley

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Not much to say here tonight except Thank goodness Michelle is ok and the bath lady found the hearing aid.

Take care everyone. Norma

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

Evening, everyone. We had a nice trip to visit friends for New Years, but wham! it's back to work, take down the tree, clean up, et cetera, et cetera!

I have scanned enough to see that it was a rough end of year for many pets and a few people. My sympathy to all who lost a pet recently, and if I try to do it by name I'll leave someone out!

Michelle, how scary! I'm glad you are allright. I've always wondered if those hunks of ice could create damage and now I know the answer.

prairiemoon, you asked some questions several days ago about my property. I haven't forgotten and will tell more when I have more functioning brain power.

It's time for bed, so I will sign off with a quick wave to all. Deanne, rest up and get better.

V.

• just_t
    17 years ago

Oh Michelle, I'm so glad you weren't hurt!!!

Congratulations to Dannie!

Welcome Home to V!!!

Deanne, hope you feel better soon!

It was nice to see Taryn pop in for a quick hello. :oD

Chelone, it sounds like perhaps you and your mother should make a trek to your brother's home. I'm sure your mother and brother would enjoy spending some quality time together since it has been awhile since they've had that luxury. It would also give you an opportunity for some relaxing respite time which you sound like you would enjoy. I hope you'll consider my suggestion, soon.

I saw Woody's hubby had an accident! It scared me at first and I thought "Why would she post a photo of him so badly injured" but then I saw (oh yeah, saw...uh huh) that it was just juice and I smiled. Wicked sense of humor those two have! ;o) I do hope you are able to find someone to take Teresa's place (am I correct that it was Teresa who left to marry?). Perhaps you'll find someone who suits you and your needs so much more than you ever dreamt. I hope so! :o)

Well...that is all I remember and there was probably something (or multiple things) that I've missed and I'll feel horrible later for skipping over them......my apologies if I am missing something important....not intentional but I'm finding it difficult to come here and keep up for some reason.

I do miss the Idylls though...

Hello to all!

T.

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Thanks for all the concern - you all are the best.

Kathy, I was actually meeting the truck and the ice slide off the front or the side, I'm not really sure. You may not have ice there, but the freaky thing is something similar happened to my ex, but it was a gravel truck that he met and a huge chunk fell off and actually went right thru the windshield. I'm sure the driver didn't even know it happened.

T, are you feeling better?

pm2, I too am a Photobucket user and it works fine for me.

Chelone, I agree that maybe it is time for Mum to visit your DB again. Maybe it will light a fire under him and if nothing else you will get a much deserved break.

view from my seat:
    {{gwi:2101607}}

All the white stuff is fine glass.
    {{gwi:2101608}}

Nite
    Michelle

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

Good morning :-)

So glad your Mom's hearing aid was found, CHELONE. What a day/week you have had. I thought since I am the new kid on the block and don't kow all the history with your Mom and DB that I would leave the suggestions to others. I think T and Michelle are on to something.....maybe it is time for your Mom to visit your brother. Regardless of how long the visit lasts, at least he will better understand where you are at with it. Just the one brother, I assume.

Hope everyone is feeling better today...EDEN, glad Bella is more herself. Deanne and Chelone...hope those colds are finally clearing up. On the positive side, just think of the resistance you are building up. Keeping that immune system firing on all cylinders. [g]

Thanks KATHY and MICHELLE for the Photobucket recommendations. I'll give it another try.

KATHY... I love your cold 'remedies'..lol. Wow, talk about thinking outside the box. Those are two things I would never think of as a cure for a cold, but I bet both of them would work. Or brandy ...that was also an old time remedy for everything wasn't it? [g] Next time I get a cold, I am going to remember that. Does anyone ever get sick during gardening season? I thought that was a rule...no colds during gardening season. :-)

V......No hurry. Get caught up. At least it is a short week.

MICHELLE...thank God for safety glass. I hope you are feeling better this morning. I imagine now you will be without your car for a few days? Glad you are ok.

T...At least from my end of things, don't worry about missing something. I completely understand..and expect people to miss things and not be able to read everything from everyone.

Not much going on here. Weather forecast is for 58 degrees tomorrow. Tuesday...a cold spell...40s in the day, 30s at night. The day was gorgeous yesterday, 50 degrees on my back porch. Checked out the Hellebores..nothing. I did take a few photos.....Enjoy the day!

:-)

• martieinct
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow! A lot of not-so-great things happening, but Good Morning anyway!!

Chelone: I third the suggestion of a visit to DB's house, with Mum's things packed for a week, a list of medication instructions, phone numbers for all doctors, and really good music for the drive home. Enough is enough. Agree with Kathy that when home begins to effect work, it's time to forget niceties and any "guilt" feelings and get on with what must be done. Do Sue, Monique, Deanne, PM2, Wendy, me and any New England lurkers need to come up there and help you get Mum into the car?

Wow, again, Michelle. Hope the lack of help was because no one realized what happened. There have been times when I didn't really need help and very strange people stopped, but in this case it just seems mean.

Thanks for the pics, PM2. Are you in eastern Massachusetts?

Glad Bella is feeling better and am hoping the same for all sick Idylls, Idyllkids, and everyone else who has been dealing with this nasty. Can you hear me knocking on wood??

Nursery owners and marketers are starting to come out of hiding and I'm having a blast learning about the latest and greatest offerings for 2007. So, here's my thought ... With the new "naming" of plants being so prolific, and the prices skyrocketing, and the well-intentioned but "boutique" gardeners driving the market, will all the good old standards disappear? According to the owners, no way.

Interesting facts found and perhaps those in the biz could weigh in: The "new and exciting" stuff makes up about 20% of sales. The tried and true make up about 60%, and the rest is annuals, garden decor, other materials, and books. Interesting!!

Bouncing all over the place today and though I don't need to watch for flying ice, will certainly take a cautionary stance. Don't want bad car things to be the Idyll epidemic of the day!!!

Best to everyone!

Martie

• chelone
    17 years ago

It has been nearly 5 months since I've had a break. But Mum can't go to DB's as he has undertaken to gut his living room and work on insulation and drywall. The house is "too cold for our mother", "I can't care for her; I have too much going on right now and it would be impossible...", "There is only one of me...". I see it all very plainly now. I have been played for a fool, used by my only sibling. Never once has he ever volunteered to take her for awhile, and never once has a word or praise of gratitude crossed his lips. So I gave the helpmeet permission to call him and intervene. I've never done that before, but right now I need a champion.

In times of stress and trouble I've always been able to fall back on my skill as a way to feel good about myself when it seemed that everything else was wrong in my world. But I can't spin straw into gold; I can't "build" things without a complete work order and clear expectations from my boss. General "concepts" or "visions" leave too much area for misinterpretation or "judgement calls". I'm fine with making the latter, too (after 25 yrs. I actually DO have a clue!), but I'm tired of trying to ask questions to clarify murky areas only to be cut off repeatedly or told, "I can't talk about this now, I have to go to an appointment!".

I come from a production background (once supervised 10 women behind commercial sewing equipment, and was responsible for keeping the work flowing and making sure it was done properly). It is not in my nature to waste time on projects. I make sure all the materials are on hand, the instructions are clear, and all questions have been answered before starting something. Jackassing around, ripping out work, and having to put something aside because important information is lacking drives me nuts. This has been an on-going issue, but right now I have ZERO patience for it and can't even stand back to see the "funny" in it.

Like everyone else I have to work. And I LIKE my work and my boss very much. But I loathe doing things "the hard way" and then having to REDO them because the questions I tried repeatedly to ask were drowned out by the "stream of consciousness" method of critical information dissemination. It's THAT that eviscerates my ability to draw strength and satisfaction from my work. I can't allow that anymore. Soo... I'll stay home and figure something out. Maybe drapery and slipcover work is closer than I thought it was. Dunno. I'm not going to starve nor am I going to be reduced to a Brownie in the Troop, waiting for the Troop Leader to return to tell me what should be done next on the project. I'm too skilled, competent, and consciencious for that.

Good to hear the maladies are moving on. I like the thought of using whiskey, Kathy. So, tell me, at 2 yrs. what is the status of teeth in kids (I have NO idea).

I think today I will work outdoors for a bit with the helpmeet. I may simply FOCUS on the remaining bulbs...

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Chelone,I crack up every time I read this :

Here is a link that might be useful: Humor

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Or maybe this is more to your liking?

Here is a link that might be useful: humor

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Chelone - I so sympathize re your Mom situation and the work issues (I very often have similar types issues believe it or not in a law firm background). It drives me crazy when people waste your experience and professionalism w/ condescension or the inference that Your time and hard work are not worth enough of Their time to think correctly or find out the info necessary. It's basically saying "you dont count" -- so I sooo get that. Im sure the home situation is coloring the professional one though -- I find my reserves of stamina for the b.s. in the workplace are equally proportionate to the amount of dysfunction in my personal life! Definitely need to find a place to drop Mum off - LTC or wherever you've decided if brother wont step up to the plate.

Michelle -- I can't believe you went to work after that horrifying experience. You're a trooper -- while Im saddened that no one stopped to see if you're okay, people still do astonish me -- Did everyone hear about the NYC guy who threw himself on top of a sick commuter who'd fallen to the subway rails -- they managed to land in a ditch on the tracks & the train passed safely over them --- there the guy was standing w/ his 2 kids waiting for a train & decided to risk his life for a stranger -- so kindness & heroism is alive altho you weren't the welcome recipient at that time - maybe no one really noticed what happened & did not realize you were in the car?

PM2 - thanks for the photos to brighten our day! It's mild again - to be near 60 degrees today. The local paper (Wash Post) as a garden article today about how we can really push the zone thing more here (but also what plants come up losers) -- 'course we'll probably get some arctic temps & freezing in 3 weeks, right?

O.k. - off to fight the demons at the office today. I keep my self positive by thinking of looking at garden catalogs & lists during lunch.

I do like the idea of everyone going to Palm Springs or somewhere to recoup from germs, bugs, or winter malaise! That would really perk winter up!

--Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

I suppose the East Coast Idyllers will be digging out their bikinis today. Although, we are supposed to hit 45 today, so no complaints here.

Cindy, the guy from NYC was on TV this a.m. with his 2 little girls. ThatÂs an amazing story.

The thing that bugs me about no one stopping in our rural area is that I had a flat tire a couple of years ago in this same area and many locals went by and no one offered to help and by checking the county on my plates, they could tell I was a local as well. I can remember when a gentleman wouldnÂt drive by a woman fixing a flat.

IÂm thinking that maybe Chelone should pass her DBÂs phone # on to the Idylls and we can all give him a call ;o) Glad to hear that the lost is found.

PM2, thanks for the fresh foliage pictures. As for the car we do have a spare since we live in the country and both have jobs in opposite directions.

Marian, thanks for the morning laugh.

We stayed up late last night and put all the cabinet doors and handles back on. IÂm pleased with the result. We removed the back plate from behind the handles and it gives them a much more up to date look.

Michelle

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

I dunno. But can we name the next idyll 'Michelle is ok and the bath woman found the hearing aid." ? That's Normas line and it made me crack up :-)

Pictures of the cabinets would be inspiring Michelle.

PM2 - you have lupine up!!!!

Hi Martie (Just because I just never seem to have anything to say to Martie, but I love her AM orange orb posts.)

Chelone, Chelone, Chelone.

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Well, I for one am now inflicted with severely looking Forward -- Ive spent the day fantasizing about plant orders and spazzing over where to find a great big Cercis Covey for a fantastic low price..... I imagine if I order now it will arrive in time for snow ..... dont know about bikinis here (shudder to think of myself in one) but definitely feeling the false sense of Spring Busting Out All Over. Someone take away my credit cards please..... Im sure the Winter Slump will hit me tomorrow.

--Cindy

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

MARTIE...yes, I am in Eastern Massachusetts zone 6 according to the new map. I have not had a fall/winter in this location quite like this one. These pics would not be possible until at the very least early March or later in any other year. The lupine has never actually died. Those may be new leaves though, I can't remember. It was another gorgeous sunny afternoon and spent some time practicing with the new camera. More pics below...surprised by a few things when I looked closer...

Look forward to hearing more about the new offerings for 2007..is your own list growing? I seem to be doing the following....discovering and growing old standards, using as many natives as possible and searching out the newest cultivars for my favorite plants. Especially anything that offers more disease resistance. But new and gorgeous too, like all the new Echinaceas, I am just loving.

You sound a little better this morning CHELONE. Like you have had a chance to think it through and have a direction to try to go in. Hope to hear something great soon. Hope you got outside, it was so remarkable out there today! :-)

MARIAN....my sides are still hurting from that 'How To Give A Cat A Bath' link...really enjoyed it, thanks!

CINDY, I had not heard about the NYC guy ...wow, what a person will do in a split second is amazing. Very encouraging..thanks. While I was outside today, I kept trying to tell myself not to get used to this. [g]

MICHELLE..'East Coast girls are hip, I really dig those styles they wear...' Hasn't been a bikini in my closet in a LONG time. LOL I suppose putting the cabinets back together last night was therapy. [g] Hope you get your car back soon. :-)

CYNTHIA...I thought that was a very funny line also. :-) Yes, lupine that I hope doesn't die over the next two months of who knows what weather!

Please let me know if I am posting too many pics...

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

I do worry over the pics...it just occurred to me that I could do what Martie did with her North Pole photos, to make the long thread easier for people to load. Next time I will do that and make a separate thread. :-)

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

In between tending Bella I've been working on trimming and cleaning up my light garden plants all day. They're a sorry looking bunch if I do say so myself. If I can just keep them hanging on until spring... Deanne, how about some pictures of your winter beauties for some inspiration? I'd love to see some well-tended overwintering tropicals, especially after looking at my sad specimens all day.

I've been getting all of the catalogs but so far I don't have one single plan for ordering anything, seeds or plants. I don't even think I'm starting any seeds except the usual annuals I do every year. Bet you guys never thought you'd hear ME say that??? I'm having a hard enough time taking care of what I've already got this year.

Dinner time...Eden

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Last evening with DD and family. No time for lengthy post now, but maybe a few photos to comfort the weary or sick.

{{gwi:2101613}}

{{gwi:2101614}}

{{gwi:2101615}}

{{gwi:2101616}}

Thinking of all with your UPS & DOWNS.
    'bug

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Bug , those pictures make me smile. I always love a good kid/dog picture too.

Eden, I'm still in "water just enough to get by" mode with my plants. They definitely need more serious attention.

pm2, its good to see something is green or blooming anytime.

It was a gray drizzly day here, but temps are still above normal. I spent the afternoon playing guitar with three other ladies. I still can't keep up all the time but it is a good learning experience.

Marian , I hadn't checked your links yet, but now seems a good time to do so.

Hope everyone had a decent day. Norma

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Marie, great pictures. I can see you've made lots of great memories this last week. How does Charlotte like having a boy of her very own?

Prairiemoon, there can never be too many pictures here for me! I enjoyed looking at them very much!

Norma, I'm impressed that you're playing in a group already. Didn't you just pick up the guitar a few weeks ago? I wish I could hear you play!

It's raining pretty good here this evening. I wasn't even aware that it was supposed to rain. The warm weather continues, 50s today. I've got one more table of plants to work on tomorrow. I brought in wayyyyyy to many this year. The euphorbias are doing the best. I have diamond frost and burgundy wine and they must really thrive on neglect. They're definitely drought tolerant, lol.

Time for bed. I have Bella all day tomorrow and she's spending the night and staying all day Saturday too. I'm going to need as much rest as I can get!

Eden

• dodgerdudette
    17 years ago

Thursday Hellos..
    Lordie Marian, that cat bath thing was hysterical ! Hoped it cheered Chelone up a bit !

PM, very,very nice pics ! You had asked a couple days ago about what we do with our Christmas trees- here in Napa County the boy scouts have a tree pick up service as a fundraiser. You give them three bucks and they pick up your tree and take it to the yard waste recycling center where they are ground up and used as compost.They have been doing this for several years , and it's certainly worth the three dollars to not have to cut it up and stuff it im my yard waste bin-especially in rose pruning season when the bin is chock full every week.

Martie, trade magazines I read still say that impatiens are the number one selling color plant ,nationwide. Petunias are second . I usually go to a trade show in Portland in August where the new plant intoductions are displayed-Proven Winners etc, and gives one a heads up on what the growers will be introducing in the spring here on the west coast. I had a conflict with another show in Chicago and went to that one instead ....anyway, you are right-impatiens and the like fall under the "tried and true" catagory. Serious gardeners are not in the majority. Color sells, and it needs to be showing color to sell. Having said that, the garden center I am associated with has many customers who are professional landscapers, garden designers, winery or estate garden managers, and these people appreciate variety, plus they know plants. It's really interesting as well to see how the interior and fashion design industries effect the nursery busines..i.e. the revival of orange.

Michelle, that is one scary pic of your car !

Okay , enough rambling. Hi to everyone...

Kathy in Napa

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Evening all,

Well IÂm still coughing and but not horribly sick, it just keeps me up at night (not to mention poor Doug) but anyway, today seems like its getting better and IÂm going to try to get to the gym tomorrow for a light workout.

Chelone, I canÂt believe your DB is not willing to help out. Maybe itÂs time for you to start looking into facilities for your Mom. If your DB isnÂt going to take care of things I guess you are going to have to deal with it. Time and past time for change.

Michelle, thatÂs pretty scary. Glad to hear you are OK. ThatÂs awful that no one stopped to help.

PM2 great pics! Can you even believe this weather?

Kathy, no whisky for me when I have a cold the alcohol depresses my immune system and makes me sicker. Bummer! The Palm Springs baking in the sun thing sounds pretty good to me right now.

Eden, IÂll try to snap a few pics of the plants soon. IÂve got one of those Fuchsia ÂShadowdancer Peggy blooming now and the Abutilon ÂBella hybrids are also blooming their heads off.

Norma, too cool that you are throwing yourself into the guitar. What fun!!!

IÂve been taking scads of bird photographs and have gotten some pretty things in the last couple weeks. Did I mention I got a portable blind for Christmas? The neighbors REALLY think IÂm cracked now. IÂm spending my days outside in a duck blind in my back yard. ROTFLOL!!!

Thanks for all the get well wishes everyone. Hopefully IÂll be back to 100% really soon.

Have a good evening,
    Deanne

• martieinct
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Finishing what I started ..

Tomorrow I will put on a bikini just for fun. I don't care what I look like. I will put it on in January and laugh with my cyber-friends. For those few minutes life will be happy and good and carefree.

Chelone: Send the number by email and I'll call. I can see it now "web garden group cited for harrassment." Hey, it'd be worth it to give you some Peace. (((()))) If you do draperies, maybe we can talk. You'll see from the house pics that fabric up hasn't happened yet .....

Glad everyone else seems to be on the upswing. Today am heading North in jeans to see some very cool clients. Vegetarian lunch is being anticipated. Yum.

Kathy, quickly: Thanks for the biz insight. Reading, I found myself nodding my head "yes." Kind of comforting, isn't it??? That the old can be new again????

Hi, Cynthia!!!!

Marian: Just what we all needed. Thanks!!!!!

Upright and smiling,

Martie

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

6:30AM: They're gone. :-(
    Back to bed with lots of memories.

DD & SIL
    {{gwi:2101617}}

You've got a way to keep me on your side
    You give me cause for love that I can't hide
    For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
    Because you're mine, I walk the line