Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Another year of Christmas... :-)

The main thread was loading pretty slow...it was a very good year... :-)

{{gwi:188927}}

{{gwi:188930}}

{{gwi:188931}}

{{gwi:188932}}

{{gwi:188933}}

Comments (12)

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Well PM, it looks like you can start pondering the container arrangement for the new green pot !All looks very festive and the little houses are too cute !

Kathy in Napa

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

I love seeing a bit of your Christmas. Was the pot a gift? I love the color!

Michelle

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Lovely Christmas images PM. I love that green pot!
    Deanne

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, the pot was a gift from DS and I was very happy with that shade of green. For the first time in many years, I had asked for NO garden gifts...but I was so happy when I saw that pot...lol. I guess I just don't know my own mind. [g] The little Christmas buildings are new additions this year. They light up, but I haven't plugged them in yet. A local nursery that I shopped at for years, went out of business this year and they sold off their own collection of these buildings that they had on display each year. So it makes them a little more interesting to me.

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

I have 'pot envy' now! The green is such a beautiful color. I can't wait to see it all potted up this spring.
    I love the little Christmas village scene. It's sad when favorite local businesses close. It happens too regularly the last few years. I'm happy you got to pick up some remembrances.

Jerri

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Oh the green pot! Wonderful. I'll be on the lookout for the spring photo of it all planted up!

• chelone
    15 years ago

I would like to see red Petunias in that pot. I love Petunias; the dark purple ones would look great in it, too.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great, so far, blue lobelia and either red or purple petunias. Or both. I still have room for more? I can make a completely Idyll pot recipe in it this year, so get your two cents in.[g] Gee spring sure seems a long way off with about 6 inches of new snow out there at the moment.

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

I love the green pot too, but am at a loss to add any suggestion to it's planting....
    BTW, spring does not seem all that far away here. I see dafodil leaves poking out of the ground in front of our house!!!!

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

PM, a pink arrangement would look nice too.Pink, red and purple. Pink , chartreuse and maroon. Think I need a green pot.

Kathy in Napa

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

Diamond frost to punch up the maroon.

I never thought I liked lime green, but maybe?

Now you must post it fully dressedthis spring.

Norma

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for your input on what to put in the green pot this spring. Funny, I would have thought most of you had a green pot somewhere. This will be one of my only ceramic pots actually, and I have been wanting one.

Norma, were you referring to Diamond Frost Euphorbia? So petunias, lobelia....what about a tall plant to add? Can I put lobelia and petunias together? Will they both do part sun?

Marian...you have daff leaves showing? When does your spring begin?

I saw an interesting pot at the Mall yesterday. It was a free form shape that was black and not sure what material. It looked heavy. It was high, about mid thigh or higher. They had a very large dark sanseveria in the middle of it, in a sea of chartreuse pothos. Two very common plants, but what a nice effect in that black pot.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm