Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
December 3 Treasures

Posted by martieinct Z6 nrthn CT (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 3, 06 at 14:39

One never knows what one will find .....

This was a $.79 annual pack the first year we moved in ....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For all lovers of purple and yellow .....

A few of a handful's worth. Shortcake is in the oven ....

Martie, having a blast with the new camera.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: December 3 Treasures

Both are cheerful looking sights. Norma

o

AHA! That new camera will change your life- and OURS TOO! Congratulations!

o

Isn't it amazing what you "see" when you make the time to really LOOK?

Happy for you, Martie... and I'm thankin' my lucky staHs I'm not on dial-up anymore, lol.

;)

o

Ah, flowers and fruit in December! What a beautiful sight. Are the strawberries alpines? I grow the little alpine mignonettes but don't have fruit now. What variety are yours? I walked down the garden path today and the only bloom I saw was a tiny frozen pink miniature rose. It was cold here today, in the 20s, and I'm ready for Spring now, lol!

Eden

Eden

o

How delightful to find such treasures in northern CT in December! I doubt if I could do that here in the 'South' !

o

Martie, I have that same Pansy in the Biggest Pansy Display on the Planet !! Think maybe I can post a pic tommorow..and I also have the wonderful frasies du bois edging one of my rose areas-,love to pick them and throw them on the granola in the morning.
Kathy in the Napa Valley

o

Love the cheery pansies peeking out into the December sun and the pretty wild strawberries. Looking forward to more of your pictures.
Thanks for sharing those.
Mary

o

Wow, you still have strawberries! My dogs don't let us have any LOL. Thanks for showing us some color.

o

What fun to have pictures from Martie! How wonderful to have such treasures in December. Lucky you, I know I wouldn't be able to find it in my garden. Keep snapping those pictures.

Michelle

o

Glad everyone enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them! The strawberries are first-year from seed. Seed from Pinetree labeled simply "Alpine Strawberries." Every year I start another packet and every year they are a delight. They are So Easy!! These particular ones tasted something like sweet red mush but hey, I'll take them in December. LOL

Martie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here