Idyll 246: Peace on Earth

veronicastrum
18 years ago

Goodwill to the Idylls!

Comments (102)

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Morning, We're getting ready to leave around noon. Whenever we go away for a day or two getting the animals all set is the biggest job of all. Feeding and watering everyone, making sure Tim's peanut supply doesn't run out, filling the bird feeders and the birdbath, feeding the fish and last but certainly not least making sure the litter boxes are all taken care of. Tires me out just listing it all. I've got to give the kitties their gifts before we go too. Everyone gets a mousie and a toy or a ball for some of the boys who enjoy those and then a can of Pounce for all to share. I'm can't wait for tomorrow and Bella's first Christmas morning! I just wanted to say that I wish you all a great holiday with family and friends too. I'll talk to you all on Monday and I will be so curious to hear what Brenda got.

Eden

• babzclare
    18 years ago

Michelle but didn't you see the Yankee Candle I left on your porch lastnight-I didn't forget you: )(Whew! Thanks Brenda lol)

At 1pm we'll be at MIL's for gift exchange,church,and then dinner. I made spencer chuck roast as a contribution to the dinner. Doing last minute wrapping-probably the same as all of you.Wish me luck that all goes well @ MIL's. SIL has been up to nasty tricks. Honey I have a feeling I understand your frustration re: who's taking GD to PT.Hugs to you. LOL about the step--great minds think alike,eh?

I just want to say as we dive headfirst into the festivities that I really cherish everybody here and am thankful to be a part of the idyll gang. I want to wish each idyll a special holiday filled with content and naturally....calm; )

OK so I haven't eaten that many cookies but I bombed last night and ate triple cream brie on french bread(why can't I stop myself?)I think I'm doing stress eating. The weather is perfect for power walking but I don't have time atleast today...hmm maybe I should be walking instead of posting! Nope I need to do the wrap dance now.lol.

Peace~Out

~Babs

• deanneart
    18 years ago

A quick good morning to all,

Sounds like all the activities are picking up and everyone is getting ready for the holiday. We went to Doug's sister's last night for a lovely party. They had a Yankee Swap (which I normally hate but this actually turned out to be fun) anyway, I received and kept three PowerBall Lotto tickets for the drawing tonight. Wish me luck! Wouldn't it be a hoot if we won! Should that happen I could pay for all the Idyllers to fly to Idyllunion 2006... Ahhhhh dream on.

Doug and I were lazy this AM and sat around having coffee and a long lovely chat. What a treat, we never do this anymore. Why is that? After so many years of marriage we seem to live our lives without really communicating sometimes. Then we practiced dancing in our pajamas. Too funny!

Cynthia, love the ditty! You are just too clever.

Eden, that cat tree is great.

How great to hear from Honey, Jerri and Jane.

I still have a ton of stuff to finish today and really must get to the gym so I've got to run soon but wanted to wish all a fantastic holiday.

And Rahjii says Have a Merry Merry to all!
    {{gwi:189688}}

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Here's the kitties enjoying their Christmas presents. I think they've had a little too much catnip...

{{gwi:189689}}

{{gwi:189690}}

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Deanne, what a beautiful picture of Rahjii. He's looking so very regal.

Eden

• Mary_NY6
    18 years ago

Dear Idylls

The house is full of company and good cheer. I'm up to my eyes in cooking and and last minute preparations but loving every minute.

Seasons greetings to all.

Mary

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Our first gathering is over. It was a success. All the kids seemed thrilled with their gifts. We had lots of good food and lots of laughter. Im sort of relaxing this a.m. We cleaned up and now will take it easy. This afternoon later we will go to my parents. My whole family will be together. Pretty good since my other 3 siblings are all from out of state. I tried not to spoil Kenzie too much ;o) Twin dollies, a Little Tikes picnic table, tub puzzle, a pull toy train and her annual ornament.

I just want each of you to know how dear you have become to me in the past year and a half. I would be saddened if any one of you would leave. I think this forum is like a family and there will be little tiffs in families, but that doesnt make you quit the family. My wish is that we will have many good conversations in the new year. Enjoy your Christmas weekend.

Its 34 and supposed to get into the 40s today and tomorrow.

Deanne, your morning sounds rather romantic. I had to chuckle at the Rahjii picture. It reminded me of the doggie rules about being tolerant when your humans put decorations on you. LOL

Hopefully Babs and everyone else with difficult family members has a peaceful holiday.

Eden, your kitties look like they are relaxed and enjoying their gifts. The doggie rules and cat tree were fun.

T, what an awesome gift for your GS. I bet hell have many hours of enjoyment from it.

Cynthia, you are in a rhyming mood these days. Your song was very cute. I had to sing it out load to really appreciate it. I could use your help with a poem. In our family we like to give what we call "special gifts" No one knows who will get a "special gift" or who will give it each year. The way it works is if someone does something that you think is funny or you would like to tease them about something, then you give them a "special gift" and if you are able you write a poem telling why you are giving the person the gift. I am not a poet, but my mom is very good at it. At Thanksgiving my Dad teased me quite a bit that day. He is a big tease. So my special gift to him is Edens idea of reindeer poop. I know that he loves chocolate bridge mix, so that will be his "reindeer poop" Its always fun.

Ahhh, Babs you are so sweet to have remembered me ;o)

Jerri, the singing turkey was cute and a good reminder to us all to relax and take time for ourselves during this busy time.

Sylvia, Im sure that my son hasnt started his shopping yet. Last year we all got gift cards from the mall which he purchased on Christmas Eve day.

Honey, that was an amazing coincidence at the orange box store.

I spent some time this a.m. viewing the holiday links and enjoyed them all. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Nice to hear from Mary and Janie too.

Here is a picture from last night. These are Ricks 2 youngest grandchildren. They are about 6 months apart and are already great buddies. One of the other kids had gotten this video chair as gift.

{{gwi:189691}}

Have a wonderful day
    Michelle

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

Great pictures of regal cat and catnip cats - and cute grandkids!

We're just finishing up the main cooking for Reveillon tonight and the things we're contributing to Christmas dinner at DH's brother's tomorrow. (We alternate each year who does Reveillon vs. who does Christmas dinner. When our nephew learned this year that dinner was at their place he was disappointed - he said he prefers DH's turkey!)

I hope everyone has a great Christmas with lots of peace and goodwill (family stress at a minimum and not too many problems with sugar-fueled cranky kids!)

Merry Christmas to all!

Susan

• janie_on
    18 years ago

FOR ONE AND ALL!!!

• taryn
    18 years ago

Love all the pics and funnies you guys. Da that flower is pure art! Very cute grandkids Michelle! Are they going to be tracking Santa tonight? (see link below) My guys love to do that, and Shane goes along with it for his brothers' sake. They also sprinkle fairy dust on our front walk so Rudolf can find us.

We're having a lazy day here. Slept in until 9:00, then had coffee laced with Kempers Bavarian cream and a lavender-scented jacuzzi to start my day. Can't get much more mellow than that. Boys have a friend over now and they're practising their skateboard tricks in the basement. That ended the mellow quick...

I'm just about to go around to a couple of neighbors with cards and reindeer poop (aka chocolate covered cashews). Thanks Eden! I like how they turned out.

{{gwi:189694}}

We usually go to our friends Dawn and Jason's place in Toronto for Christmas Eve, but they are in Oregon this year, visiting his family. So it feels a bit peculiar. I may see if any of the neighbors want to come over for a rum and eggnog this evening. Quick vacuum will do it for housework. If not, will join Ei, Sylvia and VG in watching "It's a Wonderful Life" tonight. Saw "Christmas with the Kranks" last night and it was pretty good.

MERRY CHRISMAS EVERYONE!

I wish for peace on earth, and peace on idylls too...

Taryn

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Look at all those beautiful drugged kitties Eden!! lol. And Deanne, Rahjii's christmas portrait is stunning! Now I know Holly's last name and wonder if she has a sister named Dolly? Cute Jerry :-) Michelle, those little boys are adorable, but don't forget the Kenzie pic please.

Ok, all I have to do now is stay awake. It was warm enough to do some cleanup outdoors, and it was warm enough to take a really long walk with the reindeer (prancer, dancer and blitzen). There's probably enough time for a quick nap, but what if I don't wake up? Need to leave here at 6:30... Guess I'll move some laundry around and I'm sure by the time I do the other 3 things I discover en route, it will be time to get dressed and out of here. Already showered.

Hope you all have a lovely evening with your friends and loved ones. Cynthia

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Well , I haven't been 'deleted' or 'edited away' , yet .
    I have spent the entire day rereading every post that I have posted , that are still available .
    I can see where some of what I said , espacially recently, could been construed as offensive to some ...(espacially if they are looking for something to be offended about) .
    Let it be known , I too have feelings , and have found offensive things , but have NEVER said so to the offender , either on here , or in an e-mail .( except in answer to their accusations . ) I do point out things that I cannot , or do not , participate in , but not to individuals . I try to keep it as a generality .
    I have also read all of the past e-mails that I have recieved from Idyll members . I only found one ( before this present bruhaha ) that was objective , and she was pointing out that I was not the only 'naitsirhc'here ( I spelled it backwards , so to not be offensive ) . She also pointed out that it was inappropriate for us to talk about such things here . I admit I slipped !

I think this all boils down to at least two very stubborn , bull-headed , women who are at odds ... and I am one of them !

I am ready to forgive , but I probably can't forget the meanspirited things said to , and about, me .

BTW , Nobody phoned 'me' . I 'have' recieved supportive messages from two members , and I appreciate the requests to remain here , and the kind comments .

I am not good at compiling dittys , so maybe some talented person can come up with one for this occasion ?

Marian

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

Glad to see you back, Marian.

We're off to our friends' open house for the evening. Enjoy your celebration whatever it may be. When I was out on my walk tonight people in certain sections of town were putting out luminarias to line the sidewalks. It was too light out to get the effect at that point but I just told Tom we should take a drive back through on our way to the party.

Merry Christmas Eve!

Sue

• mybrainhurts
    18 years ago

My hard drive crashed last night. Crashed in a bad way. Crashed in the final death kind of way.
    I spent the last year writing every night... pages and pages of writing(10+ pages a day.) Gone.
    Spent the last several years taking pictures and turning them into art. Gone.

I can blame the loss of it all on nobody other than myself. I'd made a mental note to ask my hubby to teach me how to burn a cd with his computer so that I'd not lose them if something happened. Problem is, I never pushed it past the mental note stage.

I honestly feel as violated as I did when our house burnt down when I was 15. Pieces of me... pieces of my mind... gone.

It's really no biggie. It's not life or death. It's not even important. So why have I been bawling all night?
    (Couldn't while I was at work. Was way too busy to even think about it, thank goodness)

~da, grief stricken by the loss of her stories

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Oh Da ,I am so sorry . I feel like crying with you !

• babzclare
    18 years ago

I survived: ). No hissy fits. No cussing(from what I can remember). No food fights....but to escape kitchen clean up SIL decided to finally do MIL's laundry instead...: )I see it as a comedy and figure at least she did more than sit on her arse for a change.

Anyone want a whole left over pie? It's in my fridge if you want it. HELLO I ate two cookies as opposed to ten after dinner: )...I'm happy. The roast was juicey and the leftovers went to mom so she'll have decent food for a change.

Marian-good to see you back.

Sheesh 43F: ( This is one night that cosmetic snow would be a welcome sight!

Peace,love, & tranquility

~Babs

• just_t
    18 years ago

Merry Christmas eve!

Da, I'm so sorry to read of your computer problem. Don't give up until you check in with some computer whiz.....isn't there a way that some people are able to extract information from hard drives even when they've seemingly bit the dust? I hope it is true and that it will work for you. You must be devastated, I would be.

I hope everyone has had a nice day, spent doing their favorite holiday things with their families or friends. We have had a nice day and look forward to tomorrow and all that it will hold.

I'm still looking forward to hearing what Brenda's DH came up with and I'm eager to hear how all the other hubbys did. I dream of diamonds but am more likely to get flannel shirts or some such gift that is extremely thoughtful (I like to wear big warm flannel shirts around the house in the winter). One year it was rubber chore boots (tall black ones) and a rain hat. Practical........ lol That was a lot of years ago and haven't received any such gifts as that since. :oD

Michelle, I forgot to mention how nice your mother's bracelet turned out. I liked it and thought if I were receiving it from my children, I'd cherish it. A very thoughtful gift!

Deanne, Rahjii looks very regal (someone else said that, didn't they?). He is a beautiful boy and your photos are always so well composed.

Eden, your kitties look like they're having a great time! Thanks for sharing the picture of them with their toys.

Taryn, how did your fun gifts go over? Michelle did the gift for her dad too? Am I remembering that right?

Janie, Holly's Christmas wish is clever and cute. I haven't seen one of those Bud greetings for a long time and it is fun to get to see them again. Merry Christmas to you & yours too.

Oops, I need to get off of here and wrap up some little gifts for my mom.....and then off to bed so Santa can come (okay, so it is an excuse to get some extra hours of shut-eye). ;oD

My best to all,
    T.

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

{{gwi:189695}}

• Lily316
    18 years ago

Well, I watched "It's a Wonderful Life for the gazillionth time and got weepy again. Jimmy Stewart can do that. It's really corny and dated but I love it and never miss it. BTW..Mrs Martini,,(the actress) died today..
    I went out and about and nothing impressed me. You need to do WAY better than 25% on xmas at TJ Maxx. I don't even look till it's 75%, and all the amarylsis' were gone from Big Lot. I bought only one a few days ago thinking they were probably duds and this thing has grown and sprouted one full inch in 4 days!!!It will brighten up the sunroom soon.
    Deanne ..Lovely kitty picture and I was going to reciprocate but no co- operation here. But I will perservere and guarantee one from one of my unwilling cats in this holiday season.
    Eden..My cats had cat nip mice from Petsmart but played w/ the paper and ribbon more. How many do you have..looks about the same as I have ...7 now.
    Jerri..Dear puppy picture. How do your cats interact w/ the pups. I have had dogs..grey hound and afghan hound but as full grown animals and my cats loved both, but I was curious about puppies.
    Michelle...They are two beautiful boys..look like twins. They should be models..
    DA...So sorry to learn of your hard drive crash..Had that happen to me and wised up at last because it IS like a fire w/ precious things lost. Hope something can be done for you.
    Hi Marian.....
    To all...have a wonderful Christmas day w/ your familes..Sylvia

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

{{gwi:189696}}

• yeonasky
    18 years ago

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays, Idyllers. I'm with others wishing for peace on earth and on Idylls.

I love this group for its ability to come back from a difficult situation, and even grow a bit. I agree, no one needs to leave, we just need to stay away from hot topics. Everyone here is so good at supporting one another that it's easy to see how the lines blur. We are the lucky ones though. This type of hurt and fighting has destroyed many a forum group. Thank you for continuing to try. I like to think that we make one another better through these Idylling times. I know I've felt better sharing with all. I don't want to lose that.

Love the gorgeous cats and kids pics. We celebrate Christmas on the Eve, so our big dinner and presents opening happened already, and, get this, Richea got us a digicam. I almost fell over. We usually spend a few $$$ on each of us, the kids get the lions share. The only catch is that I have to learn how not to break it. I really am a gadget owner wannabe. I can't seem to work them or I break them somehow. My computer is the only computer that has more problems than all the other computers in the house. For example, we can't network it. I can see everyone else's computer but they can't get into mine. It's a puzzle and Richea fixes problems like this all the time. Anyway I'm afraid of the camera, so it'll be a while until I put on a brave face and touch it. Pictures to come, in other words, in a month, or maybe two....

Take care all, and holiday hugs all around.

Yeona

• vegangirl
    18 years ago

Quick post! We were awakened at 6:30 by a call telling us that DH's sister wrecked on black ice on her way to work. (She's an RN) Not too far from our house. DH went right away and found her OK, just the left side of her face stinging from an impact to the side window but considerable damage to the car. He thinks it will run ok but the windshield is gone, left fender and door bashed in. He took her on to work. BIL is on his way here to go with DH and DS to pull the car out. She had hit the road bank, spun around and gone over the other side and hit a tree. If it had not been for the tree.....she would have gone in the river.

Love all the pics. I agree, the boys could be models:-) So could the kitty:-)

Hi Yeona!
    Glad you're back, Marian:-)
    Gotta run,
    VG

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

Merry Christmas to all!

VG - What a way to start the day - a banged up car is not too bad an outcome, considering the alternatives!

Gardening and cooking were the theme of gifts here - lots of 'toys' to try out and books to read - good rainy day things to do, which is just as well as rain is what we've got!

We ate too much last night for Reveillon and will, no doubt, eat too much tonight at dinner at BIL's place. But it takes a stronger person than me to resist Christmas goodies!

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

Merry Christmas morning! It's cloudy here today but relatively warm at 35 F. The forecast is for rain and mid 40s. Not exactly Christmas weather but better than a snowstorm as far as I'm concerned. It's been a feeding frenzy at the bird feeders. Tom thinks he saw a fox in the field next to the house earlier this morning. A resident fox is one way to keep the rabbit and vole population under control. I worked out all week to give myself today off but I feel like taking a walk. Maybe Tom will join me and we can take the dogs for a spin around the neighborhood.

Da, don't despair too quickly over the hard drive crash. As T pointed out, there are plenty of technoids out there who may be able to recover your files. Here we have Geek Squad and Geeks on Call, computer wizards who drive around in brighly painted VW bugs.

VG, scary about your SIL. Hope they checked her out before she reported for work.

EP, that eggshell ornament is very cool. Did you make it?

We had a great time at the party last night. It was another fairly late one (for us anyway). We didn't get home til after 11. Our friends and two of their sons have rottweilers and all the "girls" were there last night. What a great bunch of stewardesses for the breed. All were chosen from breeders who breed for temperment. They range in age from 11 months to 4 years. No problem mingling with food toting toddlers amid a good sized crowd-not a grumble from the bunch. We left Zoe and Nick at home though because they are intimidated by the size and would have spent the evening hiding under things or wrapped around our legs...lol.

Today it's an hour plus drive to BIL's house for dinner. Supposedly there will be 24 people and I'm having a hard time imagining how that will work in the small amount of space they have. MIL has already expressed concerns and suggested that if it gets too crazy we can retreat to her house (5 minutes away). Sounds good to me. Dinner isn't til 4 and we've been asked to bring appetizers to keep the maddening crowd at bay while they wait for the main event. We're bringing 3 pounds of cocktail shrimp and a cheese and cracker platter.

Enjoy your day!

Sue

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Happy morning and Merry day to all!

The dogs are pooped from playing with their new monkeys. Katie's orange monkey makes the best grunts and there was a little tiny bit of resource guarding going on - that's how much she liked it! The kitties are drunk on red and green catnip mice and I am just thrilled with the gift of not having to travel!! I could do just fine never seeing an airport during the holidays again, thank you.

My dinner with friends last night went on pretty late, but was lots of fun, food, and wine and the roads coming home were great with relatively little traffic and no snow or freezing rain.

There are boxes and bags all over the house and I've been dipping into them and opening things off and on this morning. A new robe, a raffle ticked guaranteed to be a winner, 50 dollar bills falling out of an envelope from my day (yes he sent cash through the mail!), and lots of home made doggie cookies that are being hidden for later. I gave them each one cookie last night and thought Monty was going to choke on Christmas eve.

VG, NOT a good thing to happen to your sister-in-law, but how nice that she has her own personal AAA right in the family! I had a spin-out like that 20 years ago when cell phones and car phones weren't yet common. It was the middle of the night and my target was a lake in January. A woman pulled up and I could see her carphone glowing as she dialed it. Needless to say, I was at the car phone store the next Monday having my car wired. Cell phones were just coming out and not as good as car phones in those days.

Da, yes do find someone who can recover your data. A horrible thing to happen, but I believe most should be reclaimable and they can transfer it to your new drive. I've blown a few drives myself. Even had some drives repaired.

I have to go to the neighbors and play santa moving the toy bags to the attic, and then going to friends for drinks and desert later today, but otherwise free as a bird today and loving it!

Hope all have a wonderful day with family and friends, and drive carefully! Looks like freezing rain outside my window right now, but it's 39F, go figure.

Cynthia

• flowerluvr
    18 years ago

Da, I'm so sorry to hear about the hard drive. For sure have someone look at it. I know they have ways of retrieving files, and what you lost just can't be re-done or replaced. Best of luck with that, and let us know how it comes out!

VG-Thank goodness your SIL is okay! What a way to start Christmas!!

Can't hang around long, just thought I'd pop in and solve the mystery of the gift from TSC. He did good :) He got me a nice 6' copper obelisk with a weather vane on top. I think it will work for one of my integrifolias. GB, bet you can tell me that...Petit Faucon or Rougougchi (sp) will be okay with 6', won't they?
    Also, he got me the laser level that I've been wanting since they came out a few years ago. I'm really excited about it, because this winter we'll be moving our bedroom upstairs, and now I'll have a dining room and I've got tons of family pictures and stuff I want to hang in there. OH, and of course...Apollo 13 was in my stocking, right where I put it this morning, lol!
    The kids got Jim and I a nice telescope. It took us about an hour to get it all put together. It's too cool...we were watching deer in the woods with it this morning.
    Phillip cooked breakfast for us all, then he and Christina took off to go get ready for MIL's this afternoon. I think I can sneak in a nap, which is sounding pretty good.
    So far, I've managed to stick with my eating program, and the scales are still telling me I'm lighter every day :) I had supper here last night, vegetable soup, yeast rolls, and jello salad. MIL brought a cookie and pudding dessert that is really good, but I avoided the temptation AND made her take it back home with her.
    Jim is doing a fish fry up there this afternoon. MIL always has veggie trays and stuff, so I should be able to do pretty well today, too. If I can get through the holidays without blowing it, I KNOW I've got it whipped.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening!
    Brenda

• taryn
    18 years ago

Happy Christmas Idylls! EP thanks for sharing your Xmas displays with us. Love the miniature especially...

VG what a horrible way for the day to begin! But thankfully she is okay. Cars can be replaced...I also have been thinking about your DH and his injury--has he tried acupuncture? It restored my health including pretty severe nerve damage down my left arm recieved with a double-whiplash car accident in 1988. I went 12 years later and it worked! And after nothing else had helped. Just a thought.

Da, so sorry to hear about the crash, but hopeful a 'puter whiz can retrieve your precious files. Take your Xmas gift certificates and invest in a burner. I think it was David who impressed upon me the importance of backing up photos after he lost a bunch once.

Marian, welcome back!

Babs, bet AJ took much less time to open his gifts then to wrap them eh? It was all over in about 10 minutes this morning, lol! Mercifully they let us sleep past 5:00am this year. Probably our last "Santa Christmas" as Dev is starting to question it too. See his note?

{{gwi:189698}}

The wrecking crew, around 7:30am:

{{gwi:147364}}

Must admit that Gamecube is keeping them awfully quiet!

Brenda, ya did good! I got Glenn's wee gift at TSC too--a set of Dale Earnhardt playing cards in a collector tin. We don't usually get big gifts for each other, but will buy something we need for the house when the boxing week sales start. A microwave I think, ours is rusting inside. I dream of diamonds, lol! Actually that's not true, I'm much more practical at heart.

Hi Yeona! I hope you're right...

I can't see Janie's link, in any browser! Also my PC won't let me clean temporary files anymore, and I'm thinking we may have picked up a virus. Hoping my bro can fix it tomorrow when my family all comes for dinner here, but am going to start backing up some files in case we need to reboot windows again. T, that is when we'll exchange our gag gifts.

It is really warm here too, and we've lost most of our snow. They are calling for rain tonight and tomorrow--how strange is that? I have to make a decision fast about whether to move my plants in the greenhouse to the neighbor's veggie patch or trust my Auntie Ebay psychic that we'll sell around my BD and move them straight to the new home, since we'll close 2 weeks later. Hmmmm....

Enjoyed "it's a wonderful life" last night too. We watched the movie Jersey Girl this afternoon, with George Carlin and that hunky Ben Affleck. Liv Tyler and the little girl were adorable too. Really enjoyed it. Will see what other movies we can scare up after dinner, which is nearly ready.

Hi to anyone I've missed, but just about time to have black forest ham glazed with wine and honey. But FIRST, a treat for you from jain in California! I hadn't heard from her in months but sent her a Christmas email telling her I missed her here, and all her fun decorations, and she sent me pics to share! Captions are hers as well. Will do the 24 hour thing then remove them.

So enjoy, and Merry Xmas all, and from jain too...

Taryn

{{gwi:189701}}

{{gwi:189703}}
    the 12 days of xmas
    {{gwi:189705}}

a crummy pic, i took it to show the fog to a friend, but you can see i plunked nutcrackers all over the place!

{{gwi:189707}}

and lets not forget the reindeer! flora is hosting an all day rose buffet..

{{gwi:189709}}

the 3 wise men...

{{gwi:189711}}

• Jerri_OKC
    18 years ago

What a great surprise! I'm so glad I got to see these. Thanks so much Jain and Taryn!

Jerri

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Taryn , Thanks ! What A great surprise ! I love hearing from jain ,and seeing her pics . I love your 'wrecking crew , too . And thank you for what you said to me in your posts .

Marie , your flower pics are beautiful !

Michelle , I like your bracelet . I would like to have one with my family's birthstones , but there are not many of us , and some of us share the same month . Those two little boys are so cute .

Sylvia , I hope you got my e-mail ,and know I have no ill feelings toward you .

Woody , as I have said before , I have nothing but admiration for you ! Thanks for what you posted .

I am enjoying the 'dogless fur tree ' pic .

Thanks , Sue , Brenda , Janie , Honey , Babs ,Yeona , VG , and all who have expressed good will .

EP , that egg is really neat .

Deanne , Rahjii is very handsome with his big bow .

VG , I'm so glad your SIL is okay ....what a scare !

Last night I thought we would be confined to home today . It was snowing ,( after raining ), and I expected it to be icy this morning , but it warmed up during the night ; rained some more , and the snow was almost all gone by morning .

Marian

• mybrainhurts
    18 years ago

My thanks for the pats on the back. I'm a little less upset today, quite content to spend time with the family. It's been quiet here but quite lovely.

I've been utterly distracted by the gift of the most sought after item on my all time wish list. I can think of so many ways to wear it and had it marked as the next item that I was saving money to buy. Someone made sure it was at the house this morning. I'll be playing dress up until dinner.

T, I know photoshop. That's about the only program that I can explain to you step by step how to do it. If you use another program, use google to look up some combination of the name of the image program that you use with tutorial or how-to with it. "paint shop pro tutorial" for example.

I'm greatful that I did not lose entirely everything. I had put a lot online though now nobody will ever know how the garden looked for the last bit of the season. Oh well. It was a dry year and I hardly water. I feel it's a bit of a waste after reading about water restrictions and renewable resources.

Oh how I've missed jain's pretty pictures.

Uh oh.. time to go. I heard the thirty minute warning. That's only enough time for two or three outfits. Joy and peace to you all.

~da

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

I am thinking when the iVillage is 'back' from the holiday that my posts will be pulled as I requested , so I want to repeat that I have enjoyed most of the time that I have spent here . I have meet , and become friends with many , although I have never met any of you face to face . I have only heard the voice of one ( Eileen ) .
    If I am allowed ( by iVillage ) to continue posting here , I will try to watch my every word very carefully .... knowing I will be under constant surveillance .
    Maybe putting words in print , on open forums , isn't such a good idea after all , espacially when you are getting on in years , and not as sharp as you used to be !
    If I should slip again ... "Goodby Marian " ! That is not too easy to live with .......

Marian ( trying to pull in her horns )

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

{{gwi:189713}}

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful day. We are back home relaxing for the evening. Last night was so much fun with all the nieces and nephews and Kenzie of course. She had so much fun unwrapping her gifts and truly enjoyed playing with them too.

Taryn, it looks like lots of fun at your house on Christmas. What an adorable note.
    Thanks also for the lovely pictures from Jain.

My dad enjoyed his "reindeer poop" as it was bridge mix and he loves it.

Yeona, Im happy that you got a camera. I would love to see more pictures from you.

VG, what a scary way to start the day, but Im glad she wasnt hurt.

Brenda, I knew that your gift from TSC could be a great one. Jim did well.

EP, I remember similar ornaments as a child.

Monique, Emma and Oliver's Christmas card is quite nice with the cute pups and the pretty flowers.

Kenzie with all the gifts.

{{gwi:189716}}

With her Dora doll (notice how she is sitting)

{{gwi:189717}}

Night all
    Michelle

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

What a nice surprise to have pictures from Jain. I've missed her and thought of her birthday on December 17. Thank you Taryn. Fun to see the children. We had a wonderful holiday with ours home for a short while. Enjoyed it all. That particular eggshell ornament was done about 30 years ago. It was one of the first I did. I did about 6 new ones this year. The nativity is the last one I did a few years ago. Have done one for each of the 6 grandchildren. The pattern was in 'Family Circle' December 13, 1977. Made the first nativity set in 1983 for eldest grand daughter when she was 3. Pictures of some of the others are on our Picturetrail creativity album. No little ones in our family now. We got some much needed rain yesterday. Best wishes to all. EP

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Good Morning, Got home last night. Slippery roads and quite a few cars in the ditch along the way but Brad, Bud and I made it home safely. We had a great Christmas. It was nice to all be together and my mom and dad loved having everyone there. Bella opened gifts throughout the whole day. She likes to rip off the wrapping paper one tiny piece at a time so it takes her awhile for each package. I enjoyed seeing all the holiday pictures here. Looks like everybody had a warm and wonderful Christmas. Brad's working over the holiday week, 12 hrs everyday. It's also holiday pay ,triple time, so that does motivate him. It's going to be a long week for him though. He does have off New Years Eve but works 12's again New Years Day and the Monday after which is also a paid holiday. Anyway, I'm going to have lots of time to myself and hope to be productive with some projects around the house. We're off to grab some breakfast before he has to leave so have a great day everyone. Eden

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Sylvia , I answered your e-mail just now . I hope you are getting mail now .

Marian

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Monique!

{{gwi:189718}}

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

{{gwi:189720}}

Happy Birthday to Monique. We have appreciated your sharing.

It is cool and damp here this morning.

We send good thoughts and hugs to all. EP

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

I just got this e-mail from GardenWeb:

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LINE IN ANY RESPONSE:
    GardenWeb mail response mc0901092620360ec rosa

Marian,

I can certainly remove your posts, but because of the amount of time required to search for these posts, you would need to send me a list of urls of your posts. Time permitting, we can remove them, but it may take several days.

Best,

Tamara Amey
    GardenWeb Community Manager

>To: abuse@gardenweb.com
    >Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:56:21
    >From: slape@ritternet.com (Marian_2)
    >Subject: ABUSE: Perennial off-topic Conversation Forum

>[This message originated at GardenWeb]
    > >I am asking that all the posts that I have on the above mentioned site be pulled . I have been accused of being too religious with my posts .
    >Thank you
    >Marian_2
    >

Since it would be quite a job to do as she suggested , I will just have to ask you all to ignore my previous posts that were offensive .

Thank you , Marian

• just_t
    18 years ago

{{gwi:189477}}

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Monique
    {{gwi:189721}}

• vegangirl
    18 years ago

Good Morning,
    I wrote a l-o-n-g post last night and my computer froze up again so I lost it all. I had responded to everyone:-( Sigh! I appreciate all the kind comments about SIL. Glad to see everyone here, glad you all had a nice Christmas with family and friends. Where is Martie?

Happy Birthday Monique!

I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures and glad to finally get to see a picture of darling Kenzie:-). All the children look like such sweeties and so do the pets.

29 degrees, snowy and very windy. It seems colder and more wintry today than it did when it was in single digits. I have lot sof indoor projects so will get to them.
    VG

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

You know what? Self rightousness and self pity are very distructive. It is better to climb down off of one's' high horse than to be thrown off. It is everyone's priviledge to respond or not respond or share or not share as each feels appropriate.

Could I please suggest once again that separate threads be initiated for the individual birthdays. This would be especially beneficial for threads that have multiple birthdays. It would also keep focus on the ones who deserve the attention and for those who wish to express good wishes and good feelings...

we are keeping our posts limited right now to keep open our communication for the family.. Wishing the best to all. EP

• vegangirl
    18 years ago

EP, what did I say that brought forth that comment??????
    VG

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Monique!!! Here's a "summer poinsettia" for you. Hope your day is great!

{{gwi:189722}}

Eden

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

From a website called "Friendship Poems" :

Two Souls, One Voice
    by Paulus
    although two souls are meeting
    there is but one voice
    capturing the moment
    captivating and controlling
    the thoughts, actions, words
    leading the way for conscious
    desire and decisive emotion

stories and daily goings- on
    are frequently passed
    between the one voice
    and the intermixed beings
    creating a warm happiness
    a sense of belonging
    an aura of completeness
    a comfortable existence

time, a distant memory
    fading in and fading out,
    its power and autonomy fall
    on blissfully ignorant,
    yet distinctly aware,
    ears - focused and true

with the quantity
    of well spent hours
    adding up and summarizing
    the feelings and beliefs
    shared and opposed,
    comes an ability
    to confide and uphold
    moments, eternities
    abundant with understanding.

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

That was from the page for cyber friends ... I failed to mention that !

• babzclare
    18 years ago

{{gwi:189723}}

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Oh my word Babs, that is stunning. I'm just going to sit here and pretend it's mine.

• just_t
    18 years ago

WOW Babs, that is beautiful!!!

T.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?