Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

Travel Colorado- picture heavy

michelle_zone4
15 years ago

Today seemed like a good day to put up a few vacation pictures from Colorado since so many of us seem to be housebound with yucky weather.

These first pictures are from the Denver Botanical Garden. I thought this table and chair were so cool. I also really like the pipe plant stand.

{{gwi:189767}}

Check out the tropical frog:

{{gwi:189769}}

Deanne could teach them a thing or two about brugs though:

{{gwi:189771}}

Red Bed:

{{gwi:189772}}

{{gwi:189773}}

{{gwi:189774}}

{{gwi:189775}}

{{gwi:189776}}

We did see the mountains as well, they are so much more awesome in person than I could capture with my camera:

{{gwi:189777}}

{{gwi:189778}}

{{gwi:189779}}

This was a cool old Inn that we ate at in Estes Park. I liked the rustic/elegant mix.

{{gwi:189780}}

{{gwi:189781}}

Here we are above the timber line and it was very cold and windy:

{{gwi:189782}}

Comments (12)

• chelone
    15 years ago

Wow! those are terrific. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to capture the size and scale of mountains (you did just fine).

I really like the papyrus and the grain growing along the edge of the pool. Very nice way to make a statement with only 2 plants. Do you remember what was planted to the left of the brick path? I also really like the evergreen garden with the Japanese feel to it.

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Beautiful Michelle-!! Clearly one would hesitate to sit in that chair - although it might be useful office decor for me when visited by long-winded sales reps. I think you did a really nice job capturing the mountains, thanks for posing these !

Kathy in Napa

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Wow Michelle!!!!! Just gorgeous. I love them all. I'll be coming back often to look these over again. Thanks for taking the time to share these.

Deanne

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Wonderful pictures Michelle. Some of them make me quite nostalgic!

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I really like them ALL Michelle, but #7 spoke to me....

I too have trouble getting that sense of space in mountain photos. Yours look terrific to me though! Maybe its the lack of serious snow I appreciate! ;)

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad you liked the trip.

'bug, they had quite a lot of succelents and zeriscape type plantings which I enjoyed alot.

Needless to say I felt very much like Julie Andrews at times during the trip.

Michelle

• saucydog
    15 years ago

What a fun trip!

I think you did fine with the majestic mountains, but I guess I'll have to see them in person to really judge :)

I really like the pennisetum used in that way, too, Chelone.

Thanks for sharing - you're right about the snow days being good for sharing plant pictures!

Saucy

• cynthia_gw
    15 years ago

Super pics Michelle! I too really like that first one, for some reason it made me think of GB. (ahem.)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Michelle...when did you go away to Colorado? And here I thought I was keeping up pretty well at least until the past few days. [g] I enjoyed the photo tour. The mountain shots came out really well. I also enjoy a little rustic and elegant together. You did a nice job catching the light in the landscape photos. Of course photo #1 with the cactus in the chair is very humorous and inventive. Some people are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

pm2

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Such a departure from the ordinary! Thanks for taking us along.

Martie

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PM we were there around Labor Day. I'm just really slow. I didn't take a picture, but the Inn had an old claw foot bathtub filled with ice for the salad bar and an old pedestal sink with a top on it holding a variety of cheeses.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Michelle...What an unusual restaurant display of food, in a bathtub and sink...lol. I would have enjoyed that because I just love claw foot tubs and old pedestal sinks.