Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Travel Colorado- picture heavy

Posted by michelle_zone4 zone 4 NW IA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 16:28

Today seemed like a good day to put up a few vacation pictures from Colorado since so many of us seem to be housebound with yucky weather.
These first pictures are from the Denver Botanical Garden. I thought this table and chair were so cool. I also really like the pipe plant stand.
Photobucket
Check out the tropical frog:
Photobucket
Deanne could teach them a thing or two about brugs though:
Photobucket
Red Bed:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We did see the mountains as well, they are so much more awesome in person than I could capture with my camera:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was a cool old Inn that we ate at in Estes Park. I liked the rustic/elegant mix.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here we are above the timber line and it was very cold and windy:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Travel Colorado- picture heavy

Wow! those are terrific. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to capture the size and scale of mountains (you did just fine).

I really like the papyrus and the grain growing along the edge of the pool. Very nice way to make a statement with only 2 plants. Do you remember what was planted to the left of the brick path? I also really like the evergreen garden with the Japanese feel to it.

o

Beautiful Michelle-!! Clearly one would hesitate to sit in that chair - although it might be useful office decor for me when visited by long-winded sales reps. I think you did a really nice job capturing the mountains, thanks for posing these !

Kathy in Napa

o

Wow Michelle!!!!! Just gorgeous. I love them all. I'll be coming back often to look these over again. Thanks for taking the time to share these.

Deanne

o

Wonderful pictures Michelle. Some of them make me quite nostalgic!

o

I really like them ALL Michelle, but #7 spoke to me....

I too have trouble getting that sense of space in mountain photos. Yours look terrific to me though! Maybe its the lack of serious snow I appreciate! ;)

o

I'm glad you liked the trip.

'bug, they had quite a lot of succelents and zeriscape type plantings which I enjoyed alot.

Needless to say I felt very much like Julie Andrews at times during the trip.

Michelle

o

What a fun trip!

I think you did fine with the majestic mountains, but I guess I'll have to see them in person to really judge :)

I really like the pennisetum used in that way, too, Chelone.

Thanks for sharing - you're right about the snow days being good for sharing plant pictures!

Saucy

o

Super pics Michelle! I too really like that first one, for some reason it made me think of GB. (ahem.)

o

Michelle...when did you go away to Colorado? And here I thought I was keeping up pretty well at least until the past few days. [g] I enjoyed the photo tour. The mountain shots came out really well. I also enjoy a little rustic and elegant together. You did a nice job catching the light in the landscape photos. Of course photo #1 with the cactus in the chair is very humorous and inventive. Some people are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

pm2

o

Such a departure from the ordinary! Thanks for taking us along.

Martie

o

PM we were there around Labor Day. I'm just really slow. I didn't take a picture, but the Inn had an old claw foot bathtub filled with ice for the salad bar and an old pedestal sink with a top on it holding a variety of cheeses.

o

Michelle...What an unusual restaurant display of food, in a bathtub and sink...lol. I would have enjoyed that because I just love claw foot tubs and old pedestal sinks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here