Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

Walking in a winter wonderland...

michelle_zone4
18 years ago

Jaden and I went for a walk on this beautiful sunny winter afternoon. Here's a few glimpses.

The garden:

{{gwi:190036}}

{{gwi:190037}}

Cattails with their winter look:

{{gwi:190038}}

Views in and around the grove:

{{gwi:190040}}

{{gwi:190041}}

Jaden says "Mom please let me off this leash, I know there's a rabbit in there"

{{gwi:190042}}

That was where she made me drop my pruner and I had the hardest time finding it in the light fluffy snow. I would be darned if I was going to leave it there. DH won a conservation award for planting all these trees in 1976.

The goal of the walk was greens for the front door pot.

{{gwi:190043}}

Michelle

Comments (17)

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

That is beautiful. I appreciate having natural space around us. Thanks. EP

• taryn
    18 years ago

Thanks for the tour Michelle! It IS a winter wonderland!

Taryn

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

I love these 'dog guided tours' ! You have so many evergreens Michelle. Your husband did an impressive job. Your photos and views are just beautiful. Thanks!

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Michelle, what beautiful wide open spaces. Your shots have such a sense of peace to them. Oh and great job on the winter pot. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Eden

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

What a beautiful sunny day walk! Thank you Jaden! And also thank DH for all the trees. I really appreciate it BIG TIME!

• deanneart
    18 years ago

How beautiful Michelle! These are all so lovely. A fresh snowfall always makes the world so perfect.

I love your Christmas container. Thanks

Deanne

• just_t
    18 years ago

Oh Michelle! You do have a winter wonderland! I enjoyed seeing how lovely it looks with the vibrant blue sky and the trees covered with the snow. Yours and Marie's snowy scenes could easily make a person love snow!

T.

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Michelle: How Wonderful! I'll be humming all day long :-)

Martie

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

A nice walk with a beautiful ending.

V.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

Beautiful but BRRRRRRR.....

Sue

• yeonasky
    18 years ago

Beautiful snow vistas Michelle. Aren't dog friends great tour guides. And I love the potted greenery.

Thank you.

Yeona

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks everyone. I just loved the blue sky with the very white snow.

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

These photos could Almost make me long for the snow expected in my region today -- if only to be viewed from my own home!
    Lovely shots, Michelle and you've captured a sunny winter wonderland. Your home looks lovely in the snow.
    -Cindy

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Michelle , Such beautiful scenes . Thank you . That snow won't stay long , will it ?

• Full_Bloom
    18 years ago

Michelle - your pictures and your home are so beautiful!
    Should be a calender "Winter in the Country" or something or reminds me of anold magazine I use to love to look through called "Country Magazine". They always had such beautiful photos...that's what your pics reminded me of...Thanks for sharing! Love your container too, BTW! Ei

• chelone
    18 years ago

I JUST got around to pulling this up and I'm sorry I'm so late voicing my appreciation for it.

I was entranced. The countryside at your farm is so different from what's around mine. Jaden obviously loves cruising around doing "dog stuff"... . Even when I've been so terribly "down" I wondered if I'd ever pull through, walking outside with the dog(s) always managed to put a smile on my face. They LOVE IT, so. I was never able to remain "down" watching them. The sun and fresh air didn't hurt, either.

You've inspired me to look at our "grounds" with new eyes.

Thanks!

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

I enjoyed the snowy photos-very picturesque. Did Jaden get the bunny :o)? We're able to really perk up our dogs by asking "where's the bunny". Emma takes off hopping like a bunny and Oliver goes on full alert and patrols the yard. The rabbits are too fast for them though-my guys only find the hutches filled with the babies unfortunately.