Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walking in a winter wonderland...

Posted by michelle_zone4 zone 4 NW IA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 05 at 17:56

Jaden and I went for a walk on this beautiful sunny winter afternoon. Here's a few glimpses.

The garden:

Cattails with their winter look:

Views in and around the grove:

Jaden says "Mom please let me off this leash, I know there's a rabbit in there"

That was where she made me drop my pruner and I had the hardest time finding it in the light fluffy snow. I would be darned if I was going to leave it there. DH won a conservation award for planting all these trees in 1976.

The goal of the walk was greens for the front door pot.

Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walking in a winter wonderland...

That is beautiful. I appreciate having natural space around us. Thanks. EP

o

• Posted by Taryn S Ontario Z6B (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 4, 05 at 19:01

Thanks for the tour Michelle! It IS a winter wonderland!

Taryn

o

I love these 'dog guided tours' ! You have so many evergreens Michelle. Your husband did an impressive job. Your photos and views are just beautiful. Thanks!

o

Michelle, what beautiful wide open spaces. Your shots have such a sense of peace to them. Oh and great job on the winter pot. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Eden

o

What a beautiful sunny day walk! Thank you Jaden! And also thank DH for all the trees. I really appreciate it BIG TIME!

o

How beautiful Michelle! These are all so lovely. A fresh snowfall always makes the world so perfect.

I love your Christmas container. Thanks

Deanne

o

Oh Michelle! You do have a winter wonderland! I enjoyed seeing how lovely it looks with the vibrant blue sky and the trees covered with the snow. Yours and Marie's snowy scenes could easily make a person love snow!

T.

o

Michelle: How Wonderful! I'll be humming all day long :-)

Martie

o

A nice walk with a beautiful ending.

V.

o

Beautiful but BRRRRRRR.....

Sue

o

Beautiful snow vistas Michelle. Aren't dog friends great tour guides. And I love the potted greenery.

Thank you.

Yeona

o

Thanks everyone. I just loved the blue sky with the very white snow.

o

These photos could Almost make me long for the snow expected in my region today -- if only to be viewed from my own home!
Lovely shots, Michelle and you've captured a sunny winter wonderland. Your home looks lovely in the snow.
-Cindy

o

Michelle , Such beautiful scenes . Thank you . That snow won't stay long , will it ?

o

Michelle - your pictures and your home are so beautiful!
Should be a calender "Winter in the Country" or something or reminds me of anold magazine I use to love to look through called "Country Magazine". They always had such beautiful photos...that's what your pics reminded me of...Thanks for sharing! Love your container too, BTW! Ei

o

I JUST got around to pulling this up and I'm sorry I'm so late voicing my appreciation for it.

I was entranced. The countryside at your farm is so different from what's around mine. Jaden obviously loves cruising around doing "dog stuff"... . Even when I've been so terribly "down" I wondered if I'd ever pull through, walking outside with the dog(s) always managed to put a smile on my face. They LOVE IT, so. I was never able to remain "down" watching them. The sun and fresh air didn't hurt, either.

You've inspired me to look at our "grounds" with new eyes.

Thanks!

o

I enjoyed the snowy photos-very picturesque. Did Jaden get the bunny :o)? We're able to really perk up our dogs by asking "where's the bunny". Emma takes off hopping like a bunny and Oliver goes on full alert and patrols the yard. The rabbits are too fast for them though-my guys only find the hutches filled with the babies unfortunately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here