my grinch...

{{gwi:190410}}

another grinch...

{{gwi:190412}}

kittie stockings and Bud's too...

{{gwi:190413}}

wall hanging made my mom...

{{gwi:190414}}

Christmas angel modeling her new jacket and hat my mom, her great gramma, made her...

{{gwi:190415}}

Merry Christmas from our house to yours...

{{gwi:190416}}

Eden

Comments (14)

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Eden, you have the fun and whimsey figured out to perfection! You need to tell us about the upside down tree. That's is so perfect. Is it a new idea, or a tradition? Bella the beautiful is indeed a perfect Christmas angel, and I counted quite a few cats in those pictures and a few extra stockings. Love the gray snaggled tooth kitty in the last picture :-) Thank you!

• taryn
    18 years ago

Love that angel~~And the Grinch~~And all the Krismas Kitties! Brennen can't believe you have 12 cats. He says he wouldn't be able to remember their names. I said, "Think about changing the kittie litter!" and he laughed! Thanks for sharing...

Taryn

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Eden, how fantastic!!! I love all the photographs. Your decorations are wonderful and Bella is so incredibly cute. How fun! Love all the kittes and the Santa hat. How did you get furbie to pose in the hat???

I'd also like to know how come the tree is upside down?

Thanks for sharing
    Deanne

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Eden. You've been having more fun than me lately! Super tree, super angel, super felines. You seem to have it all figured out. How much longer will it take me?

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Eden, what fun Christmas at your house is. Bella looks adorable and so grownup in her new outfit.
    Are those the pictures that the friend who is going to school for photography took? They are fabulous. I really like the b&w closeups.

For inquiring minds, I heard on the Early Show that upside down trees are the latest trend. Maybe Eden can tell us more.

Thanks for the tour.
    Michelle

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Your pics have me giggling like a kid. I particularly like the grinch "butler", and the cat in the pic looks like "but I'm what's really important, here."

Thanks for sharing! Bella's outfit is too cute.

Martie

• Lara Noles
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Why the upside down shaped tree? Lots of reasons, it works with the cats, especially when they were younger, they don't climb into it or bat at the ornaments as much since everything's up higher, it takes up less floor space in my small house and I can hang more ornaments on it, there's more room to display stuff and pile presents underneath and most of all I thought it was just different and fun. I've had it for about 5 years now so I didn't know about it being the latest trend. That's funny. An added bonus is that this year with Isabella crawling around I don't have to worry about her going after the ornaments, though I did put unbreakable ones near the bottom. Michelle, yes those pictures of Bella you can see in the stocking shot were done by Meg's friend. Thanks for the compliment on them. I'm hoping that some of you guys will post pictures of your houses at Christmas too!

Eden

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

From a green industry news website:

Retailers hawk upside-down Christmas trees
    USA Today recently reported that inverted, artificial Christmas trees are capturing the attention of consumers. Hammacher Schlemmer has sold out of its $599.95 prelit model. Target is offering three upside-down trees on its Web site, with prices ranging from $299.99 to $499.99. The trees are hung from the wall or ceiling, or come with a weighted base to prevent tipping and leaning. Target's key selling point? More room on the floor for gifts.

Eden, you trend-setter, you!

Love the little angel and all her photos the best.

V.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

An upside down tree...hmmm, why didn't I think of that before rearranging the livingroom? lol

Everything looks great, Eden. Does Dr. Seuss know you have a cat in the hat? I didn't go inside your whimsical house when we were there-will have to make a point next time. Speaking of next time, when is the next Idyllunion?

Sue

• just_t
    18 years ago

Eden, you have fun and whimsy surrounding you and I love it! The photos of Bella are gorgeous and I see why you'd have many....too hard to pick a favorite when she is such a cutie.

The kitties dressed up, along with the tree, Grinch and all your decorating --- well....it is just fun to see. Thanks for the photos!

T.

• Full_Bloom
    18 years ago

Eden...I wish I was 2(?) again and my name was Bella...LOL! I just love your home...it's magic! :-) You have such imagination! Love the upside down christmas tree and The Grinch too! Wherever did you find him? Bella is adorable and your kitties are pretty darn cute too. That last one just cracked me up - what a personality! Thanks for the lift! :-) Ei

• yeonasky
    18 years ago

I love your Christmas decorations and tree. I saw the upside down trees at the shops this year. We get a 'real' tree, though so no standing on its head for it. I realized at looking at your (green) grinch, (not the cutey pie furry one) that I have no Grinches. A million Santas, a googolplex of angels, but no grinch. Richea won't be able to say, we have enough Grinches. I'm now laughing an evil Dr. Evil laugh. You can't keep a good collector down. Love Bella in her outfit. So pretty in pink.

Yeona

• Lily316
    18 years ago

Eden..Very creative decorating..Loved Bella and the cats. I'll need to try that w/ mine.

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

Great photos Eden! I've heard of upsidedown Xmas trees but have never seen them. What a lot of stockings-how many cats do you have again? Bella is adorable!

Merry Christmas to you and your family also!

Monique

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting