Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Droopy Hardy Hibiscus Leaves

Posted by thumb 7 OR (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 16, 09 at 14:36

I am stumped over the drooping leaves of my 2 hardy hibiscus. This is the 3rd year for them and no matter if I hold back on watering once a week or water them a couple times a week, the leaves are just droopy. It has been hot here(100F+) and of course no rain at all for a few months. My other rose of sharon are doing just fine. Here's a pic showing the leaves.

Image link: Droopy Hardy Hibiscus Leaves (55 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Droopy Hardy Hibiscus Leaves

I'm no expert on these; but I do have one Copper King. I've been told it's nearly impossible to overwater it. I've got it mulched and soak it almost every day in hot weather. It looks great and doesn't droop at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here