Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miscanthus

Posted by daisyincrete 10? (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 2:04

I love my Miscanthus sinensis Morning Light.
It has a great deal of presence and beauty at all seasons.
It can take the strongest, harshest winds and still look like a cat-walk model without a hair out of place.
My new little cat also loves it. It is her favourite plant to play hide and seek in with our other cat, who is her best friend.
They abuse it terribly. jumping in it, leaping up to catch the flowering heads and dragging them down to chew on them. The miscanthus takes all of this and still looks beautiful.
Daisy

Miscanthus sinensis Morning Light in spring and early summer.

may 2013 008 - Copy

may 2013 009 - Copy

...and in late summer and autumn.

sept 2013 030

...and as it is now in mid January.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miscanthus

Yes, I think it's the most gorgeous of all the Miscanthus. And when it's flattened by a wet snow, it rebounds completely. One winter it did it 3 times. Amazing!

o

You have a great eye for color and texture Daisy! Your Nigella and roses are lovely companions for your Miscanthus.

Is the foliage of ML sharp? It looks similar to one we sold at the nursery called 'Little Kitten'- thin and razor sharp blades. I don't know how I managed it, but each and every time I moved/picked up one the darn things would give me cuts! LOL.

Beautiful pictures! Look forward to seeing more of your garden sometime too ;-)
CMK

o

No, the foliage isn't at all sharp thank goodness.
Which is just as well, as it it planted next to a path.

I have another miscanthus, which is just as good looking.
It is Miscanthus sinensis var condensatus Cosmopolitan.
That one doesn't have sharp leaves either.
Here it is with Argyranthemum Jamaica Primrose.
Daisy

may 2013 039 - Copy

may 2013 153

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here