Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New: Lily Society Facebook page for WI and IL set up

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 13 at 17:52

I know this is the Perennial forum, but I know many of you will grow at least a few lilies, even if you do not "hang out" at the Lily Forum; so to get more exposure, I decided to post here as well.

This is for the Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society, which is affiliated with the North American Lily Society. If you use Facebook, please consider "liking" our page, and attend an event with us! There is not much on there yet, but I plan to post new content soon, like lily and general gardening articles. On this page we will list upcoming Lily Society events, and post an ongoing series of articles on growing lilies, as well as other gardening tips.

Our membership chiefly draws from the Chicago area, northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We offer information to those gardeners seeking to grow these supreme beauties of nature, member of the genus Lilium, in their own gardens, plus the camaraderie that gardeners know.

We offer an Education series that meets at various locations in the Chicago area. These will be posted on the Facebook page as they are scheduled. A lily bulb sale also occurs twice a year, in the fall and in the spring. At this sale are offered both popular and unusual varieties, most not available in stores.

Our first lecture is this Sunday, at the Northbrook IL Public Library (north suburb of Chicago). I am a member of this group, and was asked to figure out new ways to stimulate attendance at our events. I plan to exhibit our page at the meeting this coming Sunday. I hope to have some fans by then to show them the power of social marketing !

Thanks for your support!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New: Lily Society Facebook page for WI and IL set up

who is lily???

and why does she have a society???

how you been???

ken

o

Hi,
I'm so glad you posted this. I used to be a member of this plant society, but I stopped receiving the newsletters. Woody was president at that time, so this was awhile ago. I'll definitely have to go on FB and like your page. Looking forward to the spring plant sale.

o

Ken: Lily was my aunt. She was so sociable, she had a whole Society named for her (and I really did have an aunt named Lily...at is more, she was an avid gardener). I'm fine: busy sending out art fair applications.

Bellarosa: Welcome back! Woody is still president. Maybe because no one else has stepped forward! :) I will be posting future events on the FB page, including the bulb sale. This year there will be some satellite bulb sale locations, which is really exciting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here