Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This summer's trip to Xinjiang, North West of China

Posted by jujujojo none (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 18:52

I don't know the names of these plants. These are wild flowers that grow along tourist paths in Xinjiang, China. That is to the north of Tibet, to the east of Tajikistan, to the South of Russia and to the West of Gobi desert. It is believed that the climate and fauna were very much like South Africa before the Ice Age. Fossils of animals resembling giraffes, rhinos and cheetahs are found. Then, the the weather cooled and the the Himalayas rose and the area dried up. A few mountains also rose up. Actually a number of Asian gazelles are found here, like the saiga, the Mongolian gazelle, also the Przewalski's horse. But the snow leopard replaced the cheetah.

photo 6_zps95e8a68d.jpg

photo 5_zpse60f34c1.jpg

photo 2_zps4cc00bcf.jpg

photo 9_zpse6324029.jpg

photo 3_zpsacf9c0ed.jpg

photo 8_zps2f1b2881.jpg

photo 11_zpsbb35e97a.jpg

photo 10_zpsc23f397d.jpg

photo 4_zps077ba679.jpg

photo 7_zps370b6c12.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This summer's trip to Xinjiang, North West of China

I had not recovered yet from the beauty of the Tibet pics. So nice to see gorgeous plants that grow in areas that I never be able to visit. Thanks

o

first one looks like a peony ...

thx for the tour ...

ken

o

photo 1_zpscb08cfc3.jpg

photo 76_zpse8f4925d.jpg

photo 5_zps5bb3311e.jpg

photo 7_zpse684cefe.jpg

photo 8_zps2df79052.jpg

photo 3_zpsff4fe842.jpg

photo 6_zps41fa13ac.jpg

photo 0_zps85ab072c.jpg

photo 2_zps6fbcb7a4.jpg

photo 4_zps8fbc2778.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here