Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Achillea "Coronation Gold"

Posted by april_wine z7 Tennessee (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 20:04

I have had 3 of these plants for 5 years. They used to grow very big and bloom prolific. But last spring the plants came up very small and did not bloom. Do you think dividing will rejuvenate them or are they dying out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Achillea "Coronation Gold"

Pretty sure I had this cultivar years and years ago, when first starting out. I experienced the same thing. I thought maybe the wet winters did it in, but it could be that A. filipendula is a short lived species in general. That would be my guess anyway...

Don't think dividing would help at this point. Sorry! ;-(
CMK

This post was edited by christinmk on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 14:05

o

Most of my achillea used to die out if they weren't divided into bits and replanted in new soil. What have you got to lose? It won't come back from the grave without some kind of help on your part.

You could try planting it in the lawn, that's one place where it never seems to have any problem thriving..... Ooops, I almost used the weed word.

o

I think I will dig it up and try to replant it in small pieces in another bed. As you said,Kato, what I have got to lose?

o

I've had mine for about 10 years, I've divided it twice and so far at least it's never failed me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here