Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

garden photo to share

Please go away winter so we can see green again.

Prairiemoon if you see this may I ask how you would load more than one picture at a time?

Comments (8)

• rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
    11 years ago

A wonderful picture 'patty'!

It definitely would be convenient to be able to upload more than one picture per post using the "Image file to upload" but GW does not allow for this. Hopefully this restriction will be removed in the near future.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    11 years ago

Patty, nice shot of your garden. Great to see how your Panicums fit into the rest of your landscape. They look so nice with the evergreen backgrounds, which will only increase in effect as they all mature. That's a very pretty rose! Which one is it, Patty? And do you have to spray it for foliar problems?

I agree with rouge21, I am not aware of being able to post multiple photos with that function. Why I have no idea. I just attempted to choose a file and hold down the 'command' key to select multiple photos, but it didn't allow me to. I will use tinypic dot com if I want to post a series of photos. But, I see no reason why you couldn't just keep replying to your own post to use multiple photos. I always feel the more photos the better, when I am reading on GW.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Love your garden, and great paths!

There are many free photo-hosting sites out there that people use to store their pics. You can paste the code for showing as many of them per post as you like. I haven't used mine since GW started allowing pics in any post. Making multiple posts here is easier - 1 step - and much quicker (one pic per post to have multiple pics) than to use the 3rd party process.

What I don't understand is why there's no facility for me to see the pics I've uploaded to GW. There are times I want to include a particular pic in another discussion. It doesn't make sense for GW to store it twice. Also, it would be nice to be able to browse the other pics of other users by a link in their profile.

This post was edited by purpleinopp on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 11:22

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    11 years ago

Nice rose - it looks so lush and disease-free!

• Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pairiemoon, the rose bush is Flower Carpet Pink. There was a time when the whole yard was roses. But the older I got there just wasn't the gusto to drag that spayer around. So I'm down to my best no spray roses. Their about the easiest of all plants to grow execpt for JBs. Sorry about all the pictures you might see. I've waited a long time to learn how to post them. Once again thanks everyone for all of the advice. Out of focus but I'll learn

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    11 years ago

Looks like that might be your Jackmanii Clematis? Very pretty photo. I like your structures for clematis. They have lots of room to grow. Post as many photos as you want. You have to make up for lost time. :-)

• BlueBirdPeony
    11 years ago

These are beautiful! I agree, go away winter!

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    11 years ago

Patty -

There's an explanation of how to load more than one photo at a time into a message in the FAQ on the New England forum that dates from before there was to option to load a single photo into a thread. As others have said, though, you need to first upload your photos onto a web hosting site like Photobucket or Picasaweb and then copy and past the code from one to the other. I find it useful if I expect I will use a photo more than once.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post photos in a thread FAQ