Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 22:00

Love this plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Kalimeris

A few lilies:

o
RE: Kalimeris Blue

This year I need to take pictures when the suns not shinning.

o
RE: Kalimeris Blue Star

Lost a tree to drought so many hosta were left in to much sun.

o

Excellent pictures 'Patty'!

I am especially pleased to see that stunning Kalimeris specimen. I planted two last year and I am hoping to see them fill out this coming season.

How established is the one I see in your post? (Is that just one plant?! ;))

When in the spring/summer does yours begin to flower?

Is it in a full sun location?

This post was edited by rouge21 on Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 12:45

o

i dont understand why you downgrade that clematis pic.. its stunning..

thanks for the breath of summer.. in the doldrums of winter

ken

o

So glad you were able to post photos. Very pretty lilies! All those nice shade plants with no slug holes in the hostas. You have a lovely garden!

o

Rouge, It pretty much looks this way by the second year. I've had them for a good ten years now. I do trim them back like phlox or they'll flop when it rains. Covered in dainty blooms from June to September and no disease issues. Thank you everyone for the kind words.

o

Then I look forward to seeing my 2nd year 'Blue Star' fill out like yours has.

Just some clarification 'patty'...under what circumstances do you trim it back...and how much do you shear off?

o

I'm in northern Illinois, In a normal year it's up and ready to flower in May If cut back by half to 1/3 rd you'll get much stronger stems or she'll be flat on the ground when it rains later on. Then I'll let it flower away for awhile. May be once a month trim another couple inches to keep tidy. Only takes a couplle of minutes. Few years ago I got a nice Blacken Decker Cordless Trimmer for Chirstmas. Yeah! It's the only way I can keep up with the clems and kalimeris Devided mine imto 40 plants three years ago. This is just what I do with them.It's the only plant that I shape this way. My expirence with kalimeris, while it dosn't need to much water, it's NOT drought tolerant. I let 10 go mostly unwatered in the drought this year. Their dead! Easy to start new ones. So not a problem. Here's a nother pic with some to the side. Should have mentioned I also trim trim to control size by year three can get kind of large if happy. Hope you enjoy yours.

o

Wow Patty I especially love that ribbon of garden between the the walkway and the fence.

You had in excess of 10 kalimeris?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here