Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lime green sedum.. that turns orangeish in fall ... NAME???

Posted by ken_adrian z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 9:15

got it on a garden visit...

wondering if on this total lack of information.. any of you can name it ...

its aggressive .. in the sense that any piece of any size can turn into a nice spread in a few years.. nearly indestructible ... never.. ever needs watering ...

any guesses???

ken

ps: i do not have a pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lime green sedum.. that turns orangeish in fall ... NAME???

Hi ken,
Is it a tall plant like autumn joy or rather a carpet like thing? Some of the lower ones would fit this description, fall color, especially after a dry summer, is typicall for several.

Are the fleshy leaves rather pointy at the end or rounded?

Bye, Lin

o

ground cover

pointed ... as best i can tell under two feet of snow ...

ken

o

Lime Zinger maybe....?

o

Or Angeline?

o

definitely not lime zinger ...

looking at my title... lime was way off ... my bad ....

i guess i was thinking more like lemon lime soda... aka the color of mountain dew ... not 7up clear ...

what a nightmare... lol ...

link sure makes angelina seem apropos .... though i am surprised it is a named cultivar.. rather than a species invasive type weed... i mean any piece will root ... even if left on the driveway for most of the summer ... crikey ....

i spent a few minutes going thru hundreds of pix.. seeing if i had a pic of it under some plant worth taking a pic of ... lol... but alas.. not so ..

any other guesses???

someday the snow will melt ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

S. Angelina was my thought also, particularly due to the cold weather color you noted.

Sedum acre is a weed, but it doesn't have the orange fall and winter color.

o

Some form of Mossy Stonecrop such as Sedum lydium?

o

i think i have the one the squire suggests .. rambling around in what i call a lawn.. which others would call.. former pasture... or a wildflower garden.. lol ... if i didnt mow it ... others would call it.. natives .... lol ...

ken

o

I have Angelina. Your description of yours sounds like that is what you have. Mine hasn't spread itself around much at all. It is in a remote bed that gets swamped in spring snow melt or any time it rains for more than a couple hours. Maybe that keeps it in check.

o

My guess would be Angelina as well. Depending upon the amount of light it gets, it can look more lime green than gold in the spring and summer, but puts on wonderful fall color!

Here's a photo and some growing information. Hope this helps. Also look at Autumn Charm. It does not grow as low but has really nice fall color too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Angelina Sedum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here