Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryseryse_2004

Does anyone grow Lamium in Z4 (Iron Mtn. MI)

ryseryse_2004
11 years ago

My daughter and family recently moved up there and one of her favorite ground covers was Lamium. I would like to know if it thrives up there.

Comments (5)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

nothing thrive up there.. for the two weeks they call summer.. lol ...

i dont know why it wouldnt .. buried under its usual 60 inches of snow.. FIVE FEET!!!

ok.. enough bad jokes .. i dont know by experience .. lol .. but it is rated to z3 ...

ken

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    11 years ago

It grows well here in zone 4 MN with variable snow cover.

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Several varieties of lamium grow in my gardens and some in a large container that I plant around with annuals every spring. The container spends the winter in our unheated garage. As hostaholic said, it does well in our zone 4 area.

I know you are joking, Ken, wink, but lots of things grow well in our slightly longer than 2 week summers. Even many z:5 rated plants grow and survive in my gardens.

The days of heavy snow cover seem to be over. Now we worry if there will be enough snow to cover the brown.

• boday
    11 years ago

Lamium grows well in zone 3 depending on snow cover. Once established, it'll come back quickly from any winter kill. I'm ankle deep with five or six varieties. Any perennials need a bit of nurture their first year - moisture for root development. After that Lamium can be ignored and enjoyed.

• growlove
    11 years ago

Have several different lamiums in my gardens in partial shade and they do well year after year. I even have to pull many to contain them. Don't know about this Spring since we have had little snow cover.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting