Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
an upside to the frost/freeze

Posted by ken_adrian z5 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 13:34

all the mosquitoes that hatched early.. will hopefully be killed by the cold temps..

and i wouldnt mind if a few other things get hit too ...

we might have a good year in re: bugs ...

ken

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: an upside to the frost/freeze

Man! That's what I call positive thinking! Now, along with the early
mosquitoes, if only it hit some of the Japanese beetle larvae. . .

Carl

o

If only it would have froze when the dang silver maples were flowering. I see thousands upon thousands of their evil spawn hanging from the tips of their branches.

Karen

o

Wow Ken....didn't realize y'all had a 'skeeter' problem in MI! Hope you're right. Here, on the Chesapeake Bay coast with wetland all around, it was hellish last year. I've formed some sort of 'allergy' where the bites swell up and morph into funny looking whelts (sp?) that I call 'amoeba shaped' and as big as quarters.

Even 'lost' my garden last year because I couldn't go outside. Just to my mailbox on my front porch was a risk...lol.

Yes, bug spray works but I have to bathe in it and then can't come in and sit on my furniture, can't rub my eye cuz probably touched my arm first, etc. Plus, as much as I used...I was going bankrupt. Just couldn't deal with it.

Let's hope your positive thinking works !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here