Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ispahan

What are your favorite gardening blogs?

Lately I find I am enjoying and gaining inspiration from gardening blogs just as much (sometimes more) than from gardening books. Many of them have opened my eyes to new plants, new combinations and new ideas.

It is hard to post multiple links, but here are some of my favorites, in no particular order, that can be found with a quick Google search:

1. Hayefield. This is garden author's Nancy J. Ondra's blog. I can't say enough about her (in my opinion) exquisite taste in plants, wonderful design sensibility, and amazing photography.

2. Rhone Street Garden. Although Portland has a much friendlier gardening climate than Chicago, I love this blog because it details gardening on a small urban lot like mine using a plant palette that I also admire. Photography is stunning. The author of this blog sometimes posts here on GW.

3. Carolyn's Shade Gardens. I am just as much a plant collector as I am a gardener, and I discovered this wonderful, thoughtful blog while researching two of my latest obsessions: hellebores and snowdrops (yes, I am becoming something of a "galanthophile", in spite of the inherent snobbery that word implies, lol!). The author writes about many other plants for shade and woodland areas as well. I just ordered Primula kisoana because of her latest post.

There are other blogs that I like that will pop up when researching plants online, but these three are the ones I check frequently for new posts and updates. And a couple of others--like An Iowa Garden and Paghat's Garden--that are wonderful sources of information about many plants (especially bulbs) but are no longer active.

What blogs, if any, do all of you like to read and why?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm