Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestone Perennials

Posted by Cara-567 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 11:38

I bought 6 clematis from Bluestone last year. They arrived quickly, were very well packed in a well designed protective carton and the plants settled in successfully. Just noticed new sprouts so they made it through the winter. Happy with my purchase.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestone Perennials

I ordered several plants from them this winter and haven't received them yet.

They're generally smaller in size than I usually buy at the garden store, but purchases in the past have always done well and I order things from them that I cannot find readily in the local centers.

Plus they're in Ohio and I love to support commerce in my state!

o

Have always had luck with anything from Bluestone. In another month or so they will have their big sale so be sure to sign up for the email notices!

o

I was also scrutinizing whether I should order from this Company. They have a few varieties of Coreopsis I would like to purchase.

o

just received my order yesterday. well packed. a few were REALLY small...the geranium 'rozanne' for one, one daylily was tiny but a few were double fans.

overall, happy. letting them get some size on them before I put them out in the wild!!

ill look for that sale.

o

Glad to hear you have good service. I have thought they were small in the past too. But they have excellent root systems and have never failed to thrive.
Last year I bought 2 kinds of geranium biokovo and johnson's blue (I think) and lamium groundcover.

o

I used to buy a lot from Bluestone, when they had much lower prices. I didn't mind getting a smaller plant, if it was costing less. Now I consider their prices a little too high for the size of the plant. I feel I can spend just a little bit more locally and get a plant twice the size.

o

For me, I just buy what I can't find locally. But in a big city, nurseries have lots and will order more. One is ordering a salvia (coral nymph) that I want.

o

I just received an email from Bluestone talking about what to do when your plants arrive. I sure hope that doesn't mean they will be sending my order anytime soon. It's still snowing. Work outside is still weeks away.

Kevin

o

I ordered from Bluestone this year as well. I agree with the general concensus. Nice plants, but a bit on the small side. I am very closely watching the coreopsis moonlights that I ordered. They were especially tiny, but they seem to be doing OK for now. I would like to see a bit more size on them, though, to be sure they will establish.

o

I've ordered special perennials from Bluestone for years. It's the vigorous crowns and root systems that matter....I've always been very satisfied.

o

Their half-price sale has started!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here