Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
summerstar_gw

Thumbs Up for Santa Rosa Gardens!

summerstar
11 years ago

I'm writing here to give Santa Rosa Gardens a great thumbs up! I placed an order for four of their small fountain grasses called "Piglet". They were shipped and packed very well and the plants were healthy and of good size, but then I noticed that a part of one of the plants looked suspiciously like crab grass. I called Santa Rosa and the lady answering apologized for the shipment and said she'd send another as a free replacement.

The following day I decided to plant the remaining three, but when I looked more carefully at the third plant, it too looked like a young crabgrass. I wasn't positive, but felt uneasy about planting it. I called them again and recognized her voice. I told her another plant that seemed wrong. She said she had already intended on sending a second grass to make sure the entire order was right. She also told me she'd examine all the Piglet plantings there and caution her staff to be extra careful with these grasses. She also said she would ask the order department to show her the plants before they were packed.

Hats off to Santa Rosa Gardens! I'll attempt to send all my orders their way. They offer great customer service in this No Customer Service world!

Comments (2)

• marquest
    11 years ago

I did not order from them this year but last year I ordered a couple of times. I have to agree with you, it is a good company. We have so few these days. They are reasonably priced and good size plants and quality. I will put together a order we need to support the good companies.

I have dealt with one online nursery that everyone raves about and I have not received many plants that survive from this company and cannot understand why everyone is raving about the company. Especially since their prices are so high.

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I have ordered from them probably a dozen times and am very very happy. I got my 'Piglet' from them too. I have only had one plant that was on clearance need a credit.

The other place with a color in the name, I won't be buying from again after last year's problems and the raised prices.