Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now Blooming

Posted by echinaceamaniac 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 21:19

amsonia_baptisia_rose

Amsonia tabernaemontana, Baptisia 'Wayne's World,' and some Double Pink Knockout Roses.

gaillardia_baptisia_rose

Amsonia 'Blue Ice,' Amsonia hubrichtii, yellow Gaillardia, Baptisia 'Purple Smoke,' and more Roses.

Easy Does It Rose

Rose 'Easy Does It,' Nepeta 'Walker's Low', and Penstemon. These Penstemon are volunteer seedlings from Dark Towers. They are about to bloom. I guess they can stay there for now. LOL.

What's blooming in your area? I have to say the Baptisias are really impressing me this year! Rose 'Easy Does It' has to be the best Rose I've ever grown.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now Blooming

Wow!!! Awesome pics. I love the easy does it rose. I passed it up last year at lowes and now I'm kicking myself!
I do not have a thing blooming beside tulips and an obscene amount of dandelions ! :)
I hope in a couple weeks to have some pics. But I'm so happy to see yours!

o

Thanks. You will love the Easy Does It Rose. Here's the entire plant. They look good with Russian Sage and Nepeta. Check out this photo of the entire plant. It is the most trouble free Rose I've ever seen. The blooms are unique too. I love the color changes. I have Russian Sage on the other side, but it's not blooming yet.

Rose 'Easy Does It'

o

Oh, I too love that rose. Nothing but the spring bulbs in bloom here either. (Well, those pretty yellow fluffy headed things dotting the yard are looking cheerful, at least.) My baptisia just broke ground 3 days ago. Many perennials that showed up too early due to a much warmer than usual March have been zapped big time by a 21 degree night last week and now 3 nights in a row of temps well below freezing is predicted. It will be a further blow. Pictures I have taken around my yard show that the growing season was a full month ahead of schedule till that hard freeze. It is going to take a long time for things to recover. In the mean time, I will enjoy your lovely pictures.

o

Everything looks so healthy, and such nice color combos. Appreciate the careful labeling too.

o

Incredible pictures. I know it has been a warm spring and I know you are in a more moderate zone than I but what I see in these pics is crazy far along! I don't expect to see that in my garden until...early June!

o

Wonderful color in all your photos! Beautiful roses!
(My soil still is frozen 10"down,lol) Someday,I'll plant some hardy roses...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here