Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

larkspurs

I have a rose garden, and love to grow larkspurs with my roses.

My larkspurs come up every year, and they grow wherever they please. A very pretty combination with the roses is to have an area of larkspurs, roses and tiger lilies. But it quickly turns into a weedy mess that I have no control over.

It is difficult to get through to the weeds, and to stoop down through the flowers to pull weeds without hurting the other flowers.

The roses and tiger lilies are stationery, of course. Last year I pulled up a bucket full of larkspurs, and was going to re-plant the seeds where they should go. I never figured out when to plant them, but they are back.

Do any of you grow larkspurs in such a way that you can plan where they go, and how to control them?

I live in Tulsa, OK, and have 130 large rose bushes in many beds. I have cleaned out the grass, and have paths around my rose beds. Larkspurs, Bachelor Buttons, and so many other flowers really reflect well with the roses, and make the garden look pretty.

However, without some control, I have a ragged mess.

I would like any advice you can give me on control, but without using a chemical.

Thanks,
Sammy

Comments (3)