double-blue flowering spring perennial

Posted by jujujojo 7 (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 11:30

photo 1_zps280804b3.jpg

photo 4_zpsfa13765c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: double-blue flowering spring perennial

Mmm, stocks. I can almost smell them from here. They are a favorite that I haven't grown in awhile. Need to get them going again!

The photo looks like it's from a public garden? Where are you?

o

photo 2_zps064446f2.jpg

o

I LOVE stock! Had them, too, but lost them. I also should plant some more.

They eye goes right to that magenta and ochre, Jujujojo! Great photo.

o

A man or woman of few words..but beautiful pictures!

o

Pretty garden! From what I see, the flowers aren't blue though, not even blue purple. They look more of a reddish purple.

o

Posted by terrene 5b MA (My Page) on Sun, May 5, 13 at 10:56
I am sorry. The real thing looked blue but the pictures turn out this color. I am not sure why. Do you like blue or reddish purple? I like both.

o

i agree.. they are not blue ...

but i cant tell you.. over the decades.. how many things i bought because they said they would be blue.. only to get this color ...

take no offense juju ... we are not criticizing you.. its a common garden quandary ... and simply a conversation ...

now ... if you go out at dusk .. on an evening when the sky blazes brilliant pink.. i bet you could capture it nearer to blue than you would at mid day ... go figure ...

when i give garden tours.. sometimes the conversation devolves to personal interpretation of color .... i swear ... a great many dis-interested spouses are color blind on some level ... or such due to lack of interest .... and we can argue about the color of a given plant.. standing together right in front of it ....

regardless.. great pix ...thx for posting ... and again... no need to apologize for a conversation ...

ken

ps: in the olden days... peeps used to blame the film .. lol .... which i have now changed to blaming blistering noon time sun ... lol ...

o

I've never seen blue stock.....they come in all shades of purple, lavender, fuchsia, hot pink, white, cream but not blue.

They are annuals that smell heavenly.

o

Is it possible to correct my title in the first post, so that people are not misled?

o

Sooo pretty! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here