Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wave9x

Agapanthus gone missing

wave9x
9 years ago

I moved into my new house last year and noticed something funny with the Agapanthus growing in my front yard. The flowers never seem to reach full bloom. Before they fully bloom, the flowers are seemingly cleanly cut at the top of the stem. So I end up with a bunch of stems sticking up and no flowers.

At first I suspected deer, as the leaves also were chewed on, so I took some action like spraying deer repellent and so forth this winter.

Spring is here and the Agapanthus are blooming. The leaves no longer are chewed on and my other plants look free from deer feasting, but this morning I noticed two of the Agapanthus bulbs look cleanly cut at the top just like last year, and nothing on the ground. Other bulbs remain untouched. If this is the same issue as before, these bulbs will eventually meet the same fate.

Now for the weird part. Earlier this year I caught my neighbor sneaking into my front yard, thinking I wasn't home, and snipping some of my Calla Lilies for herself with a pair of scissors. I had a talk with her, but I am paranoid she is the one doing this to my Agapanthus. I am actually considering installing a security camera now!

Help! Is it my neighbor or could it be something?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting