Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

phlox Midnight Feelings

User
9 years ago

Being both cheap and sceptical, I have been a tad sniffy regarding many of the highly bred nursery offerings. However, witlessly browsing (as you do), I chanced upon a sight of these tall phlox.....and before I had a chance to reconsider, I hit the buy button and promptly ordered 3 of these so-called flowerless phl;ox plants. Yep, I can see these (in my feverish mind's eye) with monarda, panicums,asters, anomatheles lessoniana, annual tithonias and some gorgeous salvias (Mulberry Jam, Wendy's Wish) plus a handful of homeless collarette dahlias I had been feeling despondent after a nightmare spring of careless builders and ferocious but dumb rampaging blackbirds (which literally ripped every smallish plant from my garden pots, in a mad search for grubs). Moreover, my enthusiastic rhubarb forcing last year has put paid to my previously flourishing clump leaving me with a large and naked bit of space at the neglected end of the allotment. Just a bit of financial recklessness and this gardener has been revivified (especially since a couple of other sneaky purchases crept in with my order).

Comments (4)