Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slazin

List of peach, coral, salmon perennials

slazin
12 years ago

I am looking for a list of peach, coral, salmon perennials. I'm in the PNW, zone 8, with a garden organized by different colored beds. I have a bed with a few peach, coral, salmon perennials, and a coral bark maple, but am always looking for new or unusual plants. Am especially interested in plants that attract butterflies and hummingbirds.

It's a raised bed, excellent drainage, in mostly sun, with late afternoon shade, and I have lots of room!

Suggestions, photos welcome! Many thanks!

Comments (24)

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    12 years ago

Many of the western Agastaches fit the bill. Diascia should also be perennial for you. There are now lots of day lilies in that color range.

• tepelus
    12 years ago

Heuchera 'Georgia Peach' is one that comes to mind.

{{gwi:225597}}

Mine gets a few hours of afternoon sun and seems to enjoy it better than when it was in mostly shade. It's on the west side of the house so it gets shade until noon when the sun gets around the house until 4 and afterwards it's in dappled shade.

Karen

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    12 years ago

You could investigate these for varieties in those colors, suitability for your location...
    Several sedums
    mums
    is joe pye too pink for you?
    gladiolus
    gerber daisies
    carpet rose
    regular roses
    coral vine (you're on the edge of hardiness?)
    cannas
    Astilbe

Caladiums & dahlias if you're interested in overwintering the bulbs

• remy_gw
    12 years ago

The plants that I have in that color range are:
    Agastache rupestris �Apache Sunset�
    Lychnis 'Dusky Salmon'
    Lychnis 'Lumina Salmon'
    Poppy 'Princess Victoria Louise'
    LA Lily 'Royal Sunset'
    Remy

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

A lot of Huecheras now have peachy/coral foliage. There are peachy Asiatic lilies and loads of peachy daffodils
    'Margo Koster' is an excellent polyantha rose

I do not know anything about this supplier but they have Hemerocallis (daylily) photos organized by color. I didn't see if they were listed but three long blooming ones are Apricot Sparkles, Bertie Ferris and Siloam Double Classic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peach daylilies

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Oooo! This will be fun. I adore peach/apricot colors in flowers!

Astilbe 'Peach Blossom' (pinkish peach)
    Geum 'Coppertone' & 'Mai Tai'
    Some peonies and tree peonies are coral ('Coral Charm' and 'Kopper Kettle' come to mind)
    Papaver orientale 'Coral Reef' (pinkish peach)
    Several Hellebores (check the Winter Jewels Series)
    Helianthemum 'Double Peach' and others
    Verbascum 'Caribbean Crush'
    Lots of Daylilies
    Lots of Dahlias (might be perennial in your zone?)
    There may be a couple Asiatic and Oriental Lilies with those colors, sorry don't know any names though...

Flowering quince shrub Chaenomeles 'Cameo'

Don't know if you are at all interested in annuals too, but here are a couple off the top of my head:
    Coleus 'Apricot'
    Mimulus (search for 'peach colored')
    Nasturtium 'Creamsickle' and double 'Margaret Long'
    Phlox drummondii 'Coral Reef'/'Phlox of sheep'
    Some Cannas (have seen some peach colored ones at this site: Karchesky Canna)
    Brugmansia

There is also Tulip 'Apricot Beauty' and Hyacith 'Gypsy Queen'. Also some peachy centered daffodils

Here is a link (below) to a catalog of only peach/apricot roses. I will likely think of a few more after I hit 'submit', LOL! Hope this helped some.
    CMK

Here is a link that might be useful: peachy roses

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Digitalis purpurea 'Apricot'
    Iris
    Delphinium 'Coral Sunset'
    Alstromerias (some might be hardy for you??)

Told you I would think of more soon after! ;-D
    CMK

• slazin
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You folks are terrific! I'm already hunting for some of the ones you've mentioned -- please don't stop!

And many thanks!

• alina_1
    12 years ago

One of my favorite plants with peach colored flowers, Peony 'Singing in the rain':

{{gwi:225599}}

{{gwi:225600}}

Have some Lilies, Irises, and Daylilies that have peach/coral blooms. Heucheras were already mentioned here.
    Will try to find pictures.

• nutmeg4061
    12 years ago

This link is from the bulb forum. The picture is about three-fourths of the way down the page, the picture of Apricot Whirl daffodils with Gypsy Queen hyacinth. I LOVE that photo!
    Also, pansies and coreopsis sienna sunset come to mind.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apricot Whirl daffodils with Gypsy Queen hyacinth

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    12 years ago

Penstemon 'Iron Maiden' is a shade of coral maybe? Looks great with purples and blues. It is often described as red or scarlet, but it's more of a coral. I found some photos that show the color which looks more like mine. It is reported to attract hummingbirds.

Here is a link that might be useful: Penstemon 'Iron Maiden'

• ripley529
    12 years ago

I recently bought an Achillea tagged "Peachy Seduction". It hasn't bloomed for me yet. On the tag it appears to be peach with a yellow center.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    12 years ago

For coral color and a hummingbird attractor, look for Cape fuchsia, Phygelius. These come in various colors but salmon and coral are prevalent - 'Coral Princess', 'Salmon Leap', 'Passionate', 'African Queen'.

A few others:
    Eremerus 'Cleopatra'
    Verbascum 'Clementine', 'Helen Johnson', 'Copper Rose' and 'Caribbean Crush'
    Helianthemum 'Cheviot'
    lots of Asiatic lilies and trumpet lily 'African Queen' and 'Copper King'

And I'd certainly consider roses - there are some stunning peachy apricot colored roses: 'Just Joey', 'Abraham Darby', 'Apricot Nectar', 'Polka', etc.

And just an FYI, agastache hybrids tend not to overwinter well in the PNW.......just too darn wet in winter, well-drained soil or not!!

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

I have a peach daylily called Siloam Virgina Henson. It's peach with a raspberry center.

Also, I don't know how well Azaleas do in your zone, but I planted one last year called Renee Michelle that is a pinkish -salmon color that has 2 layers of petals.

I planted some Gypsy Queen Hyacinth bulbs last year & all were pink when it bloomed. I was really hoping for peach.

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

There are peach hyacinths, I have some but don't remember their name at the moment. Maybe yours were mislabeled, it happens....

• SusanC
    12 years ago

Stachys 'Hidalgo', 7-up plant, has peachy flowers and pretty silver foliage.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stachys 'Hidalgo'

• Marie Tulin
    12 years ago

Please.
    Marie

• plantomaniac08
    12 years ago

I apologize ahead of time if this one was already stated, but how about Achillea millefolium 'Apricot Delight'? Mine blooms apricot/coral. If I'm not mistaken, it can also form dark pink or light pink flowers provided a sunnier location. Not the best photo, but just to give you an idea: http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/48629/2750746900101542237S600x600Q85.jpg

• plantomaniac08
    12 years ago

I'm sorry, hit the submit button while at the same time trying to find the appropriate link to the photo (meant to hit preview):
    {{gwi:225601}}

• slazin
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just realized I never thanked you all for the suggestions -- so --- thanks a bunch! Many good choices! (And if anyone knows where I can get Stachys Hidalgo seeds -- can't get a plant, am in Canada -- I'd hugely appreciate knowing!)

And again, thanks for your help.

• perennialfan273
    12 years ago

I'm surprised no one mentioned coral bean. If you're interested, google erythrina herbacea and see if you like the color.

• finchelover
    12 years ago

I have several rose bushes in Coral,salmon and peach also the short bushy zinnias

• Marie Tulin
    12 years ago

annual salvia coral nymph