Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

arbo_retum in new Fine Gardening!

arbo_retum
12 years ago

I know gardengal48 wrote a piece in Fine Gardening before, and maybe others of you too(who? i want to see your stuff!)

I just had my first written-by-me( not about me) published page! in the Aug.2011 issue of Fine Gardening magazine,pg.68

not a big deal but it still feels good!

best,

mindy

www.cottonarboretum.com/

and as long as i'm gloating, our website is up to 38,400 hits!!! (now, if i can just load up more articles, and finally do captions for the photos!.......) I wish i could get y'all to come visit!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Cotton-Arbo retum website

Comments (20)

• rodja in NZ
    12 years ago

Hi I am still in May 2011, how come you are in August 2011?

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    12 years ago

rodja, I would guess that either the July/August issue is already out (not unlikely with the way magazines come out these days!) or that Mindy, being published, was told that her article would be in the upcoming August issue.

Congrats, Mindy! It IS a big deal! I'll have to look for the article.

:)
    Dee

• marquest
    12 years ago

Congrats!!! It is a big deal. I will look for the article.

• User
    12 years ago

I have your site bookmarked and visit often to admire your garden. I will be sure to watch for the Aug issue.

Sue

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    12 years ago

Wow!

• Marie Tulin
    12 years ago

Congratulations, Mindy and Dudley. I knew this day was coming. Some other magazines will pick up on it, I bet. If FG reads your blog, I wouldn't be at all surprised when you are invited to submit a piece.

I wonder if the Globe or any of the Community Newspapers would respond to heads up that you're in Fine Gardening? Go for it!

Marie

• v1rt
    12 years ago

Congrats Mindy!!! :)

• ctopher_mi
    12 years ago

Congrats Mindy :) They asked me to do an article for them a few years ago which I did, and although their editors hacked it up even more than when I reviewed it (to the point that it almost didn't make sense) it was still fun to see it once it was printed. I'll be watching for yours!

Chris

• franeli
    12 years ago

That's pretty exciting news!
    Congratulations!

• ninamarie
    12 years ago

Congragulations.

• anitamo
    12 years ago

Congratulations Mindy! I look forward to reading your article...I know it will be packed full of great info.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    12 years ago

Well done, Mindy and it IS a big deal!! No small change being published in a national magazine :-) And a lot of work as well - I think my small article went through about two dozen edits before it hit the pages in final form. And I promptly went out and bought up multiple copies to save for posterity!

ps. I am a bit puffed about a large wholesale grower requesting a photo of my 'Little Honey' oakleaf hydrangea for their catalog. They were responsible for the introduction of this wonderful selection into US gardens and the current patent holder.....and it didn't hurt that I am good friends with one of their primary sales reps :-)

• ditas
    12 years ago

Just a quick peek for now & love,love, love ~ I shall return!!!

CONGRATULATIONS~

• arbo_retum
    Original Author
    12 years ago

gg, that's terrif!can you post the photo here? i bet it's BIG. i lost my first tiny one, next one has just made it thru its 1st winter and looks excellent and perky though tiny.I've never even seen a picture of a big one.
    best,
    mindy

• prairiegirlz5
    12 years ago

congrats mindy! :)

Your garden is beautiful.

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

Congratulations!

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    12 years ago

Congratulations Mindy! I'll be watching for the article. Your gardens are always spectacular.

• franeli
    12 years ago

Mindy,
    I received my August Fine Gardening magazine yesterday and really enjoyed your Northeast 'regional picks' article on page 68. It's a well written article with great photos and information about of the featured plants; nice suggestions for companion plants!
    Both the clematis and sedum have been calling to me...

• gonativegal
    12 years ago

Somehow I never noticed you had a website before! Beautiful beautiful pictures.

That is awesome that you are published.

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Good for you!! I want to do that one day, write gardening articles for magazines, so you are an inspiration to me!