Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geranium Patricia?

Posted by a2zmom Z6-NJ (My Page) on
Tue, May 18, 10 at 18:26

Anyone growing this? How long is the bloom period, height and width, floppy or not?

Also, I was thinking of pairing this with Lychniss coronaria (rose campion), but I'm afraid it might clash. Any thoughts? (My lychniss won't bloom for another few weeks and I'd like to get everything planted before them if possible.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Geranium Patricia?

I had it in a previous garden for several years. It is a relatively big Geranium, approximately 3' in both height and width. Mine did not flop open, but some stems were obviously close to the ground. It is a relatively long-bloomer, but not as long as the infamous 'Rozanne'.

I'm no designer, but yes, I would agree that it would likely clash with the Lychnis, although the silver foliage would be cool. What about the white-flowered version?

I planted a newer version of this Geranium called 'Dragon Heart' last year -- can't wait to see it perform this year.

o

Thanks.

The lychniss is already there - it used to be next to my monch asters (which looked great together), but it moved itself through seeding. Maybe I'll go with Rozeanne, since I think that would look ok with the magenta blooms.

o

I consider it the most beautiful Geranium of all. It is selfsupporting,stays put, extremely long blooming time and totally covered with flowers. I have had it for ten years, unfortunately all the clumps died this winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here