Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seagreen_turtle

Identifying a viburnum

I know it's not great to ask for a plant identification without pictures but I'm having technical problems getting a photo from my camera to my laptop because the cable has been chewed on. I will try to get a picture with my phone tomorrow and attach here.

I have a number of viburnums that I know what they are but this one is different. It is tree-like and has a beautiful growth habit. It's leaves are smooth (unlike the crinkly leaves of a "blue muffin", say). It is 10 foot tall and grows quickly. It blooms earliest of any of my viburnums so I never get fruit because nothing else is in flower at the same time.

The viburnums I have are: Cranberry Wentworth, Blueberry muffin, Cardinal Candy, Snowball, and I think I have a red feather. I have three that I'm not sure what they are but may be read feather, deamii, or Michael Dodge. Any chance my big, unidentified one I'm asking about is a Michael Dodge?

Unfortunately when I look at pictures online, most show close ups of leaves and rfuits. I would like to see a whole plant so that I can figure out what this big, tree-like one is. It's branches are relatively far apart compared to my other viburnums. It's flowers are large, flattish, cream flowers. They are unlike the snowballs on my snowball viburnum.

Can anyone give me any ideas? I am in zone 5b (Michigan). Thanks!

Comments (10)