Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Visiting Peony's Envy

Posted by BlueBirdPeony 5b (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 20:50

A little bit of a different post. This weekend my husband and I visited Peony's Envy in New Jersey. It was wonderful and surprising all at the same time.

While I always pictured a commercial farm, Peony's Envy is actually at the owner's residence. She lives at the top of a small hill and the landscape is rolling. Surprisingly it is essentially a wooded lot. Some of the trees are huge. There are also fallen trees throughout. The landscape overall is very natural.

There are rows and rows of peonies. Both in the ground and in raised beds. Kathleen uses box woods to delineate paths throughout. She also has some accents of Irises and Bleeding Hearts.

There are canopy tents used to offer shade to potted tree peonies for sale. The herbaceous types are sold out of the garage. Her mother was there helping and was delightful.

Overall we had a wonderful time. Highly recommend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Visiting Peony's Envy

Paths.

o

Tree peony.

o

We bought two mystery peonies that were not labeled during harvest. We don't know what they are but they were a good deal! I loved the concept.

o

Thanks for sharing the pictures--what an interesting set up they have. I sometimes imagine I would love to have a small nursery at my home. I enjoy growing large batches if plants although I realize, of course, doing it for profit alters the situation. Still though, I have thought of doing small scale shade natives or some such thing.

Good luck with your peonies. I am looking forward to my herbaceous ones flowering soon.

o

Thanks for posting this, BlueBirdPeony, because this is one place we've wanted to visit for a while now --- but probably won't until next year. I love their website and the kinds of plants she offers!

Molie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here