Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need suggestions for Garden Container (pic)

Posted by garnet69 (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 20:52

We had our front entry relandscaped last year and I now have a small raised bed on one side of my steps. There used to be a large cedar growing in that spot. I have one corner of the bed where I want to plant something in a container but I need some suggestions. I was leaning towards a Hosta or a dwarf evergreen but am not sure what would work best in this spot.
I appreciate any and all suggestions. (I have also posted this in the Shrubs and Container Gardening Forums)

Thanks,
Garnet

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need suggestions for Garden Container (pic)

If you are planting in the position the pot is now it looks a bit shady to me. I suggest if you get 4 hrs of sun in that area I would plant a

fairy rose it blooms all summer and a purple Herchuera. To compliment your red japanese maple. This is not a good pic but I have that combo in a raised garden. It should be hardy in a pot.

Photobucket

If you do not think there is enough light maybe....
Creeping Jenny and Sedum in the middle. I have a green and yellow sedum that is tall as Autumn Joy it blooms pink in the Fall. If you want I will look up the name of the sedum.

Photobucket

o

any annual vine... sweet potato???

or clematis???

something to work off that railing ...

ken

o

Thanks for your suggestions. I would love to have a Clematis to cover that railing but it would be fruitless since the railing is going, soon to be replaced by a more modern white railing. Hubby would scream bloody murder if I attempted to cover up his handy work ;). I like the idea of some creeping jenny hanging over the side of the pot. I'll have to think on this one a little longer.

Thanks everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here