Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring in my garden

Posted by BlueBirdPeony 5b (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 21:06

Hi! I thought I might share some pictures of some of my beds in bloom. Historically I've been very bad at taking far away shots that show the whole bed.

Regulars will remember that we bought a house from a landscape architect. He designed the beds so beautifully. I can't take any credit. Just trying to keep up with the maintenance!!

Enjoy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring in my garden

Front walk.

o

Other side.

o

Back patio.

o

Thanks for posting. I love seeing people's early spring gardens (and fall too) for ideas of ways to bridge the floriferous times.

I like how off to the side of your house, to the right of your front walkway, you have a shrub border with interesting variety and color.

What is that very upright burgundy shrub? Do you have to prune it that way or it naturally upright?

o

What a beautiful patio view! Is that a planting field or a grazing field on the other side of the fence? Having meals or tea or wine, etc. :) out there in the evening must be delightful!

o

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 8, 13 at 9:18

I'd love to have that patio of yours! I can just imagine all the wonderful fragrant flowers you can grow in the bed surrounding it!

o

You have a very beautiful place there.
Very homey and yet distinctively different.
I too love the patio area...and that view is to die for!

Thank you for sharing with us.

~Annie

o

Lovely, thanks for sharing. I especially like how the Easter flowers are incorporated along the front walk. I know you won't be able to much of the dying foliage later. Something I need to work on:)

o

Thanks, everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA, busy week over here. The field in the background is a planting field. It's been corn since we moved in but will probably alternate with beans eventually. Possibly some hay.
The patio has been wonderful! We are so fortunate. We get plenty of weeds coming through the bricks, but they're all shallow rooted so we take care of them by pulling.
Trove, we do not do anything to that except flatten off the top. It does grow upright. It has some extremely sharp branches. My toddler hates it. But the color is lovely.

o

Very nice!

Your upright burgundy shrub is likely a Helmond Pillar barberry; at least, it looks very much like mine. Beautiful color, if a little unfriendly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here