Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ligularia and Hydrangea

Posted by miclino 5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, May 26, 13 at 22:00

I posted this last year when I first planted them. Here is the updated pic. Make a nice contrast. Hydrangea little honey and Ligularia Britt Marie. Planting some astrantia in between to try keep the snails off the ligularia. Ignore the poorly maintained pavers, working on that now. Shade + water = lots of growth on pavers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ligularia and Hydrangea

I agree i.e. great colour contrasts.

I know the foliage of "Little Honey" is impressive but what are the blooms like?

o

These are new and have not flowered yet but I have one in another spot that has nice white blooms. They don't stand out much because of the chartreuse foliage. However, I would definitely grow both plants just for foliage and Im not even the type that likes non-flowering plants.....

o

These are new and have not flowered yet but I have one in another spot that has nice white blooms. They don't stand out much because of the chartreuse foliage. However, I would definitely grow both plants just for foliage and Im not even the type that likes non-flowering plants.....

o

That is really eye catching! One of my favorite color combinations.

o

I have that combo but Marie Britt gets huge. I planted it on a hillside. The area does not look like it is that large.

It is 4' x 4'

photo mb_zpsfe0ad676.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here