• Posted by babera 5a (Montana) (My Page) on
    Thu, May 8, 14 at 0:29

some sort of lily.

o
RE: plant 4

Daylily - Hemerocallis.

o

you can sharpen a shovel.. and cut that into 2 to 4 pieces.. if you wish more... just put the shovel in and jump on it ... and pry it out of there ....

and daylily is so bulletproof.. you can probably leave one on the driveway all summer.. and it wont die .. even if you drive over it every day ...

ken

o

Maybe a Stella d'oro or other of its kind?

o

Thank you all.

Ken are you saying that I should thin these out?

o

As Ken says:

though I use a spade with daylilies, etc..
Has a nice straight edge/line.

Easy to chop up.

o

If you dig the whole clump and soak it in a bucket for a day, then the roots should untangle. Use either your hands or a fork, and pull them apart, trying to leave them in groups of 2 if you can. Replant, and they will bloom much better than if you leave them in that clump. Some pull apart easier than others...so you really do have to chop, but you lose a few plants in that process.
The leaves are too wide for Stella. This is a good time of year to divide daylilies.

o

Thanks to all! I can't wait to see what this garden turns out to be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here