Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Veronica Sunshine creeping speedwell

I picked up a 6 pack of this yesterday as a groundcover. It has beautiful golden leaves. Now, in researching this, I am finding such conflicting information. I am in Zone 5, Chicago.

One site says Zone 6 and higher. Another Zone 4 and higher. One says purple flowers, another white. One says dry to medium conditions, the other moist.

Well, half of these could mean a very short life for this plant. :( One site says it can take moderate foot traffic, but considering all the discrepancies above, I don't know who to believe.

I need a ground cover that can take a certain amount of foot traffic, really more having the hose dragged across it. I had one of the dark purple leaved ajugas in mind, but now I am thinking of adding this, in the area where it will be most helpful that the groundcover be short. Wouldn't THAT be an eye-popping color combination! Near by are purple and golden leaved heucheras, so these could be a nice color echo, if they are compatible and do not completely grow into each other's territory.

Does anyone on Zone 5 or lower grow this, and can tell me more about it? Thanks!

Comments (2)