Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluebirdpeony

Whole bed pics

BlueBirdPeony
10 years ago

As a new gardener I am always looking for inspiration from other's gardens. I find that people don't post enough pictures of entire beds. Instead they tend to focusing one plant at a time.
Can you shares keyhole bed pics with me? I'm returning the favor.
Thanks!

Comments (11)

• BlueBirdPeony
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mostly shade.

• BlueBirdPeony
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Full sun. Same bed as pic 1, from opposite end view.

• gazania_gw
    10 years ago

Three pics here of the same bed, different bloom times last year.. The last pic is an overhead of this bed taken this year just 2 weeks ago. The Mhugo pine has been removed due to disease.

{{gwi:230121}}

{{gwi:230123}}

{{gwi:230124}}

• gazania_gw
    10 years ago

Bluebird, I love your corner shade garden. What is the evergreen in your last pic? I need a graceful something in the front yard. I would like something evergreen for the birds.I don't have any shade to garden in since our elm died. The hosta and heuchera are suffering and need to be moved. Just about my only option is to put a free (you dig) sign on them.

• BlueBirdPeony
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, Gazania! I have no idea, unfortunately. It was here when we moved in. It is lovely though!
    How in the world were you able to get that overhead picture? Your gardens are stunning. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for the photos!

• terrene
    10 years ago

I love that pic that has the spikey light blue flowers and the clumps of white and pink flowers in the foreground. Gorgeous! I love pastels! What are those plants?

• gazania_gw
    10 years ago

BlueBirdPeony, thank you for the compliment. The overhead pic was taken by my DH when he was on the roof fixing the ridge vent. He is the muscle behind landscaping in the yard.

Terrene, those spiky blue flowers are Nepeta Walkers Low. The white is Geranium Biokovo and the pink is Greanium Biokovo Karmina.

This post was edited by gazania on Tue, May 28, 13 at 6:52

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    10 years ago

Your bed looks fantastic, BlueBird! :0)

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

You have a nice variety of plants. What a shame about your mugho pine. I really like them, but they don't prefer our climate. (Still, I stubbornly planted three very dwarf mugos and try to keep them going.)
    How large are your Geranium Biokovos? Photos can be deceiving, but they appear to be much larger than the ones I had at our previous house.

• imscattered
    10 years ago

Thanks for asking for pics of whole garden. I too get frustrated when searching on internet and just get images of the flower. It makes a difference me how it looks compared to others. Mine are not ready for show yet though!!

• gazania_gw
    10 years ago

Gry Falcon, All of my pics are of the same bed. There are 6 Biocovos in the 25 x 8 foot bed. In the last pic, (the overhead one) taken in early May, you can't see them well as they are in the back edge of the bed. Planted 5 years ago, I would say that each plant now covers roughly a 3 to 4ft square area running into and mingling with each other and other perennials. As a ground cover I couldn't be more pleased with this plant. In my picture #3, that is Biocovo surrounding the sedums in late summer.