Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Years Lupine Pictures. Any Luck?

Posted by phonegirl 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 0:19

Hi Everyone, I don't seem to have enough time to get over here much but always love seeing all the beautiful flower pictures you share. I did send out Lupine seeds all over the US and was wondering if anyone had any luck with them.

We've had alot of storms this year but they are tough little buggers and made it through. I'll share some pictures of this years crop. I hope you can see the variety of color in these pictures. Some from last week and the others tonight.

I keep thinking I'm going to do away with these but most were DM's so I'm having a hard time taking the plunge.

I'd like to thank Maureen from NY for her generous amount of seeds she sent w/o me asking. There were more of you that sent seeds my way but some how I've misplaced my list. So I'll just say your a great bunch on here and I'm sending a BIG THANK YOU now. Please let me know if you sent me some. I do have some adorable columbines that are blooming!

Punk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Years Lupine Pictures. Any Luck?

Those are the most BEAUTIFUL pics I have seen! I am just totally in love with that flower! Did you winter sow the seeds! Must have been ALOT! I ws'd a bunch this year and got probably 25 or so plants. Can't wait for my babies to grow up!

Thanks for sharing!!!

o

Here are mine, phonegirl! I'm not sure if any of the 'Neon' variety you sent me made it. I've searched the internet for info on the 'Neon' variety, but can't find anything. Can you give me any info on it?

You sent me more seeds, but my first year of WS had some soil issues. These are the beautiful ones that made it and I am SO GRATEFUL TO YOU! I just completely LOVE the shades of pink that I got. THANK YOU!

P.S. If you harvest more seeds, add me to the list for this year--your lupine seeds give plants that are just completely wonderful!

Photobucket

o

WOW!!! These are so GORGEOUS, I love lupines.

There's a list? For seeds? Please put me at the bottom of it, if you're still taking names. I would love to grow such beauties. :)

o

Absolutely gorgeous, I just posted about the Lupins I grew from seed from the original Russell Lupin strain. If you are thinking of offering seed again I'd love to have a few seeds of your beauties. Being I'm in Canada I could send a S.E.E. and a couple of dollars to cover postage.

Annette

o

Those are Beautiful!

o

I'm bumping this in case any of phonegirl's other recipients missed it the first time and would have photos to share.

Thanks again, phonegirl. Those lupines were a highlight of the garden this year!

o

WOW!!! That is one huge garden of Lupines... Gorgeous!!

o

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 28, 11 at 21:40

YOWZA! Now *that's* a bed of lupines!! Simply gorgeous :0)

o

Beautiful Lupines! What a lush patch, with a lovely mix of colors. Phonegirl, if you'e around, how did you sow all those plants? Do you find that the colors seed true? Or is that just big mix of seed?

Sorry for all the Q's, I would just love to know how you grew them!

o

I have tried to grow lupines, this year I had three that were doing very well, but after a few weeks of 99 degree weather 2 died, I dug up the last one and put it in a pot and brought it into the house, I don't think it's going to make it, what can I do? I love lupines and the pictures are BEAUTIFUL OF THE LUPINES!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here