Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shasta Daisy's leaves have all died

Posted by Cleopatra3 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 13:11

Hello, I just received a Shasta Daisy in a 5 gallon or 3 gallon pot, it was doing well for the first 3 days then I noticed that all the leaves have died but the stem is still green. I pulled the dead leaves off and the plant never had gotten dry, so it being dry isn't the problem. No more buds have opened or seem to be opening any time soon. Although there are no more leaves except maybe a few near the top of a couple of the stems but the stems are still a nice green. I pulled it out of the pot and the roots are still all white. Any ideas? Please help don't want to kill it!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shasta Daisy's leaves have all died

Can you show us a picture? You say it has never got dry but did you water it thoroughly?

o

Thanks for the reply!. I'm pretty sure I did water it well. I had left it for a night and when I returned it was still moist, but other than that night leaving it had been always in my presence, it's as if overnight it occurred because I remember it when I got it all nice and green and next I know I realized how the leaves were.. No bugs were found on it either.

I'll post a photo first thing tomorrow morning! thanks.

o

Photos:

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/bananatree3/media/image-4_zpscb22cfb3.jpeg.html?sort=2&o=9

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/bananatree3/media/image_zpsf435835f.jpeg.html?sort=2&o=13

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/bananatree3/media/image-3_zpscdaff716.jpeg.html?sort=2&o=15

If you watch close enough there are a few small ones about 3 inches or 2 inches tall around the edge of the plant that are looking 100% perfect.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

o

use the HTML codes .. on preview.. if you see them.. we will see them ...

you can edit your post to change such ..

ken

o

If this plant was dug up and put into a pot, then it might just be recovering from the move - its focus would be on growing roots rather than flowering if that's the case). Shasta daisies are hard to kill, if the roots look healthy and you aren't letting it dry out completely, it should be fine.

o

I have to say that from what I can see in the photos I can't see much resemblance to a Shasta Daisy. I may be wrong but the plant looks far too skinny and airy to be even a sick Shasta. Are you certain of the id?

photo image_zpsf435835f.jpeg

o

The photo I put shows how it looked when I received it, full green and with a few small white flowers. I thought it was but I'm sure you could educate me on wether it is or not. I really want this plant to live!

Thank you,
and also the plant hadn't ever been repotted, I had just pulled it out to check out it's roots. It came just like this form the nursery (well the before photo)

Thanks!

o

Hi Cleo
Some of the old flower heads I sea look daisy like
Has this plant been situated indoors because it looks like a plant that has not had the appropriate sunlight, if that is the case prune hard and place out doors do not over water, dont kill it with kindness

o

Hello! Yes it has been inside for a few or then 3 days that I had it for but as soon as I noticed it had lost all of its leaves I put it outside (person as plant place said it could be placed inside. I now think she was wrong clearly) do u think there is anyway of saving this plant?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here