Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

New Osiris Ligularias....

Both gardengal and CPG mentioned in another post that they had grown a couple and were not impressed. Stupid me, I forgot to inquire further about them then. What kind did you guys grow and in what ways were you not impressed with them? Anyone out there that has been impressed?

How come we are not seeing more of these out yet? According to Verschoor Perennials 'Osiris Cafe Noir' was introduced in 2008 along with 'Osiris Pure Fantaise'. I see several sites offering 'Cafe Noir' online, but not the other. They also said in 2009 'Chameleon', 'Evolution', and 'Pistache' were introduced in the Osiris series.

How long should it take from time of introduction for these plants to make it to nurseries?! Or are they being sold in Canadian nurseries now and will just take longer to get to the US? I am hoping it will not be long since I would dearly love to get my hands on a couple of those variegated ones. If it does I may get desperate and have to smuggle some ligs in from Canada, LOL.

Thanks for any extra info you can give!

Ps. Here are some additional links if anyone wants to see some of the new Osiris ligs out there/in development:

Ligs at Lucs Perennial World

More Lig pics at Graham Rice's blog

CMK

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource