Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

A few pics of my new(ish) beds

mxk3 z5b_MI
9 years ago

I had my lower patio re-built late last summer, the old one was wood and caving in, I finally had to spend the dough on a re-build. I LOVE IT! The beds surrounding it stayed pretty much the same shape but widened and changed here and there to accommodate the stairs and such but basically the same, and did have one bed extended around the side of the house/dogpen. I dug out the plants I wanted to save before the excavation and did A LOT of planting last fall. I thought I was going to replant everything I had but didn't -- I started new with many things mixed in with the old. Some spots are filled in nicely, as the beds weren't disturbed much, others spots are going to take a season or two to get going.

Here are some pics of the areas that are filled in nicely and I'm really enjoying (and yes, I'm patting myself on the back LOL!).

This is the view out my picture window (but the pic is on an angle so I could get a decent pic in). These beds were rearranged but the Japanese maple was not disturbed. The blue spruce are new and I love them!

{{gwi:237039}}

Viewed closer:

{{gwi:237040}}

Same area, viewed while standing on the lower patio. I nailed this spot, if I do say so myself!
{{gwi:237041}}

{{gwi:237042}}

This is the newer bed extension off the upper patio. The bed was here before but didn't curve around the side of the house and connect to the side bed. DH put in the stepping stones last fall, and I trimmed the burning bush right off to the side into a tree form so I could easily walk through this area to the side of the house. I grew the NG impatiens from seed, they are coming along nicely, and I just love the Citronelle coral bells!

{{gwi:237043}}

Thanks for letting me share :0)

Comments (9)