Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Help me choose a butterfly bush

mxk3 z5b_MI
9 years ago

Well, I'm not going to rip out the BB that I have, just move one of them over a bit so I'll have room for another one.

I was at the nursery today and couldn't decide between Miss Molly and Summer Skies. The foliage of the Summer Skies is a knock-out, being eye-catchingly variegated; however, none of them were in bloom, and based on the tag it looks like the flower color is a rather pallid lavender (read: blah) and would get totally lost in the foliage. The blooms of Miss Molly are that rich, deep reddish purple, I think the blooms would look fantastic behind the lamb's ear and next to the Chocolate Joe Pye in this area.

So, the foliage of SS would add some foliage punch to the area while the blooms of MM would be a standout against the other plants.

Please offer your feedback if you have either of these BB -- Help me decide!

Here is the main vantage point. The BB would be in the sparse area next to the Chocolate Joe Pye (there is a BB there right now, but hard to see in the pic, it is still quite short, I can move this one over/back a bit to make room, and move the pincushion flower over):
{{gwi:237732}}

This post was edited by mxk3 on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 14:48

Comments (3)