Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thehypo

Stonecrop / weeds?

TheHYPO
10 years ago

Hi there. I have a question of identification that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. We have a small garden in which we planted two Stonecrop plants (among a couple others). I have generally kept it weed free, although there are a lot of weeks in our area, so it's a very regular practice. We planted around a month ago. We had a lot of rain this week and I went out last night and noticed a large amount of growth around the plants. The thing is that it was just around the two Stonecrop plants, and it's a type that I've not noticed previously.

Before I weed away all of this new stuff, I was hoping someone could confirm that it's not new growth of the Stonecrop plant (which I can't imagine has grown that much so quickly), but rather some kind of weed.

Photo below, the The stonecrop is centre and cutoff at the top and the relevant growth is the multitude of 4-leaf buds coming up. They are different from the "clover" weeds I see in that they are a different shape and a bit reddish/purple like the Stonecrop. If more info or a better picture is needed, I can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH