Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Crazy Daisy' vs. packet photo

Posted by gringo z8 VA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 15:20

I enjoy sowing seeds of perennials & it never ceases to amaze me, of how the graphics used on a packet of seeds may look nothing like the end results. But, here's some 'Crazy Daisy' in flower & of course, appearing nothing like the seed packet photo whatsoever...

Although I wouldn't put it past me, to have used pollen from 'Fiona Coghill' to make my own crossing, creating my own seeds, to mix it up a bit so things would be even a bit more crazy! haha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Crazy Daisy' vs. packet photo

Really? They look similar to the photos of Crazy Daisy I have seen. Can you show the packet photo?

o

Well, I'll be darned, can't find one . Likely tossed it out, after a cold glass of ice water had got it wet & dried out, wrinkled, as I do tend to save packets, I usually save the various kinds of packets, as I like the different graphics, & save them, over the years & may have thought I had a duplicate & simply tossed all of them out, in error.
But maybe you can see an image of the packet, (a stock photo) used by Burpee, of packet for sale, if I'm not mistaken...Now that, ought to be rather easy to do, on the internet..as opposed to sifting all over again, through boxes, of saved seed pkts. from over nearly 20 years. lol

o

Hmm, there is some diffierence, at least from Burpee's site. The centers on yours are bigger, and more yellow (although the color could be a photo thing.). See link below for Burpee's photo of them.

Dee
P.S. I like yours better!!

Here is a link that might be useful: crazy daisy on Burpee site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here