Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chueh_gw

Euphorbia: Silver Swan vs. Ascot Rainbow

chueh
10 years ago

I bought my 3 Silver Swans a few years ago. I tried propagating them this past early spring by cuttings. Most of them survived until late spring. When I tried the second time this late spring, none of them made it for a week. I guess that it was too hot when I cut them. Anyhow..

I was waiting for the local nurseries to have Silver Swans in stock, but none of them has them yet. I probably won't see them at least until next spring or so, if they ever come back in stock. The nurseries have carried Ascot Rainbow, though. I tried checking online as thoroughly as possible to see the similarities and differences between Silver Swan and Ascot Rainbow. The descriptions and the pictures of them show big difference in colors. Silver Swan is supposed to have silvery-yellow tone variegated with the smoky blue-green foliage, while Ascot Rainbow yellow in tone and turned into orange and pink variegation.

My Silver Swans fit the description and the picture online, yet, yet they look exactly the same as Ascot Rainbow in the nursery. I attempt to buy these Ascot Rainbows to match my other Silver Swans, yet I am not sure if what they are now looking like Silver Swans in one-gallon pots would turn into Ascot Rainbow appearances to have more of yellowish, orange tones. Please advise. Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler